2024 Portal Watch

Man I'm super excited about his potential. Can work on the block, can attack off closeouts, and has good IQ for a 4. He can bounce down to the 5, which can create some interesting lineups in game also. Biggest concern is getting his confidence and shooting back to where it should be. If he does, he's a walking mismatch. Defense I have questions about, but having a natural rim protector behind him, and a bulldog in Gary will help

RE my post early Weds morning having access to a pic of Berke at the San Antonio airport with Husker shorts on….see Huskerpapa’s tag line “men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true “…..how appropriate-> so my bro simply sent me the pic Weds morning and said “hey is this guy a Husker recruit or something?”  He just noticed he was tall and had Husker gear on.    I saw the pic and totally thought it was Berke.  It looked like him and given all the circumstances it added up,easily.  I showed the pic to a friend at work ( who’s a big Husker hoops fan ).  I can’t remember what I said to him or how I might have “led him”.  On a quick glance he said “ oh that’s Berke”….meanwhile back to my brother, that morning I sent him a follow up text saying who he in fact saw in the airport.  ( course I said Berke and who he was and how big a deal he is etc).  Well I finally received a follow up text from him late last night and here’s the rest of the story….my sister in law had talked to the guy AFTER my brother’s initial text.  The guy in the pic is a Sr at NU that works in UNL’s athletic dept (don’t want to be creepy and give more details) and is about 6’4”.  Now that I know that and go back and compare pics a bit more, I can see things better.  Still pretty remarkable resemblance on a glance though. It was a side picture, so that  likely contributed to the error on my part.  I’m sure a year from now (should Berke end up here), it wouldn’t stump me because of being way more familiar with him.  Glad I didn’t post that pic…. Bottom line, I was wrong and what a fascinating situation I did there (sic) 😳🤔😀…..even BIGGER bottom line “ please Mr Berke, come play hoops here next year ! “ 

11 minutes ago, lang said:

RE my post early Weds morning having access to a pic of Berke at the San Antonio airport with Husker shorts on….see Huskerpapa’s tag line “men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true “…..how appropriate-> so my bro simply sent me the pic Weds morning and said “hey is this guy a Husker recruit or something?”  He just noticed he was tall and had Husker gear on.    I saw the pic and totally thought it was Berke.  It looked like him and given all the circumstances it added up,easily.  I showed the pic to a friend at work ( who’s a big Husker hoops fan ).  I can’t remember what I said to him or how I might have “led him”.  On a quick glance he said “ oh that’s Berke”….meanwhile back to my brother, that morning I sent him a follow up text saying who he in fact saw in the airport.  ( course I said Berke and who he was and how big a deal he is etc).  Well I finally received a follow up text from him late last night and here’s the rest of the story….my sister in law had talked to the guy AFTER my brother’s initial text.  The guy in the pic is a Sr at NU that works in UNL’s athletic dept (don’t want to be creepy and give more details) and is about 6’4”.  Now that I know that and go back and compare pics a bit more, I can see things better.  Still pretty remarkable resemblance on a glance though. It was a side picture, so that  likely contributed to the error on my part.  I’m sure a year from now (should Berke end up here), it wouldn’t stump me because of being way more familiar with him.  Glad I didn’t post that pic…. Bottom line, I was wrong and what a fascinating situation I did there (sic) 😳🤔😀…..even BIGGER bottom line “ please Mr Berke, come play hoops here next year ! “ 

Forget the misunderstanding Lang, the last part of your last sentence should be the quote of the day.

A question for the hhc collective that has nothing to do with one single athlete.  Since we now live in a World where college athletes have agents and/or advisors, do these agents/advisors travel along with the athlete to their OVs?

39 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:
1 hour ago, royalfan said:

No news is starting to feel like bad news.  

They’re probably just finalizing NIL details.

Or just picking out the bronze, design, and location of the statue that they're going to put up for the 2024-2025 basketball team.

11 hours ago, lang said:

The solution to this is easy, there should be a total and complete ban on people taller than 5'11" wearing Husker gear in an airport, unless they place a name tag on themselves and a notice that expressly says they are not in any way a potential basketball recruit.