2024 Portal Watch

1 minute ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Yep.  He’s taller than Gary and an outstanding spot up shooter.  He also plays way above the rim.  He’d be an awesome get as a versatile 3-4.  

That's a skill that this past year's team needed a bit more of, I'd be in favor of it happening more often for the Big Red in 2024-25. GBR Always.

2 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

And they have JT Rock sitting in the wing after redshirting a year. So that's 3 bigs, with two being portal additions, without knowing too much what about the roster

Hopefully good news for us. Schaefer (I think) said he wants to be close to home. He’s been #1 on my portal wish list since months before he entered.

Just now, millerhusker said:

Hopefully good news for us. Schaefer (I think) said he wants to be close to home. He’s been #1 on my portal wish list since months before he entered.

Mine too. His athleticism and defense should both be immediate assets to the team. 

According to his Rutgers bio, Gavin Griffiths:

"was ranked the No. 20 recruit in the country (247 Sports)" and "was upgraded from a four-star recruit to a five-star recruit in January of 2023."

Replies to the email linked above say Griffiths will be a "Friar."

But how's this for a Fred Hoiberg recruiting niche: taking former five stars that underperformed elsewhere (e.g., Griffiths and Biliew) and developing them into what they were projected to be?  That would be cool.

6 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

According to his Rutgers bio, Gavin Griffiths:

"was ranked the No. 20 recruit in the country (247 Sports)" and "was upgraded from a four-star recruit to a five-star recruit in January of 2023."

Replies to the email linked above say Griffiths will be a "Friar."

But how's this for a Fred Hoiberg recruiting niche: taking former five stars that underperformed elsewhere (e.g., Griffiths and Biliew) and developing them into what they were projected to be?  That would be cool.

He was also a 5 star on Rivals until their final rankings came out. He ended up the highest 4 star, one spot behind 5 star status.