2024 Portal Watch

We'll see how the board develops for 4s over the next week or so. I think if they want a quality player, which I think they will be looking for, they have to move fast. 

They've operated very quietly this cycle outside of a few guys, so we may not hear about it until the night before or the day of/after. 

I do think there's quality still out there. Definitely. Just need to find the right *FIT* on the team. Which they've done pretty well these past two portal cycles honestly. Just need to nail this last one

3 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

https://barttorvik.com/playerstat.php?link=y&minht=79&maxht=82&xvalue=trans&year=2024&minmin=0&start=20231101&end=20240501

Fun tool that I've been toying with. I think this has it filtered out to 6'7-6'10, which would be the ideal 4 size. You can add in different parameters also to help. 

We could put a man on the moon 55 years ago, but we still don't have the technology to genetically modify Sam Hoiberg so that he grows eight inches.  You tell me, which of those two options would be the greater net positive.

On 5/1/2024 at 3:24 PM, thrasher31 said:

I'm gonna plant my flag and say this kid is worth a flyer. I see the fit in Fred's offense at the 4 or small ball 5. Needs to improve efficiency from 3 specifically, but the idea is there. Top 50 kid out of HS. Having 3 years left helps too

Call me a prophet. 

I'm not sure what our chances are honestly, but I'm glad to see we're kicking the tires at minimum. 

I'm happy to, JimmyKc. It is a poem from the great Carl Sandburg. Even though sport brings us together it is nice to be able to stretch a bit. The poem is accessed in the link below.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/browse?contentId=40527