2024 Portal Watch

Omaha also picked up his replacement from the JUCO ranks that basically plays his position and is a prolific scorer.  So....

On top of that, wheels are allegedly spinning at Nebraska that could make it more difficult for him to find a large number of shots.  I'm not saying we are not the landing spot; but one really has to wonder who Fred has lined up and when the domino's start falling.

Edited by Huskerpapa

Here's an item posted at 8:30 this morning on an Indiana website about Pharrel Payne, who visited Indiana on April 12:

"Payne would be an interesting add, but it would probably come down to Ballo’s [Arizona's big] decision and the role he’s looking for." 

Edited by Swan88

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Omaha also picked up his replacement from the JUCO ranks that basically plays his position and is a prolific scorer.  So....

On top of that, wheels are allegedly spinning at Nebraska that could make it more difficult for him to find a large number of shots.  I'm not saying we are not the landing spot; but one really has to wonder who Fred has lined up and when the domino's start falling.

who are we seriously in the running for(this isn’t me questioning, just saying it out loud to try and track the portal)

We need another big man ( Hugeley, Kyle, Payne?, are we hoping the other two will wait til The end of the month til

Kyle makes a decision?)

Can the millic kid play wing/guard wings 

and than for PG? The Bradley kid or the other transfer from Utah, is that basically all? It’s hard to keep track! 

1 hour ago, bobcat402 said:

who are we seriously in the running for(this isn’t me questioning, just saying it out loud to try and track the portal)

We need another big man ( Hugeley, Kyle, Payne?, are we hoping the other two will wait til The end of the month til

Kyle makes a decision?)

Can the millic kid play wing/guard wings 

and than for PG? The Bradley kid or the other transfer from Utah, is that basically all? It’s hard to keep track! 

In order of likelihood to commit to us over the next few weeks I would guess: Worster, Ola Joseph, Milicic, Kyle, Hugley, Griffiths, Payne, Fidler

Edited by GhostOfJoeMcCray

58 minutes ago, GhostOfJoeMcCray said:

In order of likelihood to commit to us over the next few weeks I would guess: Worster, Ola Joseph, Milicic, Kyle, Hugley, Griffiths, Payne, Fidler

Forgot about Ola Joseph thanks!

5 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Sounds like Griffiths and Worster may both be N soon. Robin just put his official prediction N for Griffiths on On3. 

Here's a link to the prediction on Griffiths.

And this is a description of him from the Rutgers official bio (he was a freshman last season).

Gavin Griffiths, a 6-foot-8, 193-pound guard joins the Knightood for his first season in Piscataway. Griifiths is from the Kingswood-Oxford High School in West Hartford, Conn.,

Griffiths was ranked the No. 20 recruit in the country (247 Sports), marking the highest-ranked player landed in the Steve Pikiell-era and the second-highest recruit to attend RU in the modern era. Only former Rutgers guard Mike Rosario was ranked higher at the time of his recruitment (2008). Griffiths is also ranked No. 1 in the state of Connecticut by 247 Sports. Griffiths was upgraded from a four-star recruit to a five-star recruit in January of 2023.

Edited by Swan88

8 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Here's a link to the prediction on Griffiths.

And this is a description of him from the Rutgers official bio (he was a freshman last season).

Gavin Griffiths, a 6-foot-8, 193-pound guard joins the Knightood for his first season in Piscataway. Griifiths is from the Kingswood-Oxford High School in West Hartford, Conn.,

Griffiths was ranked the No. 20 recruit in the country (247 Sports), marking the highest-ranked player landed in the Steve Pikiell-era and the second-highest recruit to attend RU in the modern era. Only former Rutgers guard Mike Rosario was ranked higher at the time of his recruitment (2008). Griffiths is also ranked No. 1 in the state of Connecticut by 247 Sports. Griffiths was upgraded from a four-star recruit to a five-star recruit in January of 2023.

Griffiths, Worster, Hickman, close it out with Kyle III sounds good to me 

The first thought I had when I saw Griffiths play against us was he’s going to the league.  Makes sense his accolades were that high.  Enormous ceiling.  

Worster looks like a nice big body PG who can really pass well and is elite in P&R (not a shooter).  

Both would be phenomenal, but GG is the one I’m most excited about of all the possible ones we’re in on.  Crazy skill and trigger for 6’8”.  He would start at the 3 and be a problem.  

Just now, nustudent said:

we do.

Let me rephrase....Kyle is the only make or break guy.   The others would be nice...we only have half a roster currently so there's minutes to be had....but only Kyle will upset me if he goes elsewhere

Gotcha. Kyle is the biggest must get for our roster, especially if Mast is done because we need bigs badly then. Milicic I want very much for his skillset though.

Just now, GhostOfJoeMcCray said:

Gotcha. Kyle is the biggest must get for our roster, especially if Mast is done because we need bigs badly then. Milicic I want very much for his skillset though.

I think Milicic is really good....but if Mast, Morgan and Kyle all come....I don't see why he is coming here.  There's going to be a log jam of minutes there, especially since Gary can play the 4 at times too.

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

I think Milicic is really good....but if Mast, Morgan and Kyle all come....I don't see why he is coming here.  There's going to be a log jam of minutes there, especially since Gary can play the 4 at times too.

Sounding like Mast is going to have surgery and sit out all of next season. If so, I'd be surprised if we didn't take 3 bigs. There are 80 minutes to go around at the 4/5 spots, so in that scenario Morgan, Kyle and Milicic could/would all play about as many minutes as they did for their teams this past season.