2024 Portal Watch

10 hours ago, doc1394 said:

Robin has already said he expects Frager to redshirt next year. Rice would have been a consistent role player next year. 

I'm going to be very specific. The comment was that "I also thought from the minutes he got in close games that rice would be a dude for us in coming years though."

The response to that was "YA no way Frager is better than rice."

And my reaction was, actually, yes, there is a way Frager could be better than Rice. I don't think it's anywhere near a foregone conclusion that Rice, long-term, would be better than Frager. And I don't think it's necessarily a foregone conclusion that Rice would be a rotation piece next year, either.

But we won't know because, for whatever reason, he's chosen to leave.

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

From Wisconsin site: Frankie will visit nebraska later this week and Wisconsin this weekend. Moving quickly. Alabama is after him too. Nearly their entire rotation is made up of mid-major transfers.

It would be quite remarkable if we had a roster next year that included 3 Bellevue West grads.

22 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Need to bring William Kyle home. He's gonna have a lot of offers. He is turning into an absolute monster. Same dawg mentality as Allick, but a bit taller, more explosive and a lot longer.  6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan and 40+ inch vertical. I heard that he led the country in dunks this year. Can't figure out how to verify if that's true.  Summit League DPOY, first team all-conference, conference tournament MVP. Shoots 62% from the field and is a real rim protector. Humble kid, academic all-conference. I'd take him over Omoruyi or any other big in the portal and not because he's from Omaha. 

William Kyle is Derrick Walker 2.0 waiting to happen. Completely agree.

14 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Hot take as I would be shocked( or things are going very poorly) if frager is a back end of the rotation guy as a freshman. 

I also thought from the minutes he got in close games that rice would be a dude for us in coming years though 

^^^ full game of Frager against another all state kid.  Plenty to criticize but he also drops a casual 40 or whatever as a legitimate 3 level scorer, and a junior.  The elevation on his jumper from every level is seriously elite, and that translates.  

I don’t think Rice was going to be good enough defensively to get on the court much next season.  I think Frager will be eventually but not year one.  Also remember he’s the new Yvan in terms of age so he’s very much an investment.  

All that said, I liked Rice’s upside too… I don’t think his challenges were physical.