uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 12 - North Dakota

Bugeaters1

5 minutes ago, 49r said:

Didn't get hurt too bad in KenPom after this one.  Only dropped 4 spots to #49.  (But I'd expect them to maybe fall a couple more by morning)

Dropped into the low 40's for T-Rank as well.  You see what a win like that did to us... just imagine what a loss would have done.  Rest up, come back next week and get back to it.  Need a big W vs SCST and then the fun starts.

An extended 30-7 in the middle part of the 2nd half was really due to persistent effort on the defensive end and finally rebounding the basketball. UND finished the night with 19 offensive boards, which is completely unacceptable going forward in the B1G games after the turn of the year. That consistent defensive effort and getting after the glass by Allick, Williams, & Gary is what turned the tide. And Sam Hoiberg's little 5-0 spurt on his own in the 1st half helped stem the early run from UND. All in all, it's a dub. You can move on without the epitome of brutality tweet from Jon Rothstein having to be written. GBR

SO GLAD they came out and PLAYED in the second half rather than whatever that was in the first. Experience has taught me to expect the Huskers to lose games like this. I would have bet money on it at halftime and am thrilled I would have lost that bet! Still, a good reminder I shouldn't bet on games.

1 minute ago, KZRider said:

SO GLAD they came out and PLAYED in the second half rather than whatever that was in the first. Experience has taught me to expect the Huskers to lose games like this. I would have bet money on it at halftime and am thrilled I would have lost that bet! Still, a good reminder I shouldn't bet on games.

I think they finally realized that they couldn't just show up & coast to an easy dub, that's when they cranked up the defense and finally started to rebound the basketball. It took a while, but they got their wake-up call without having to actually lose a game they shouldn't have. GBR

Edited by AuroranHusker

As frustrating and concerning as they first half was, I’ve come away pretty happy from this game. We have lost this game so many times over the last three coaches, and we came away with a win.

Juwan is obviously very athletic and has a great wingspan, but it’s his ability to always be in the right place and timing that make him such an incredible rebounder. It’s an absolute game changer when he’s locked in like he was in the second half tonight.

All wins are good wins. GBR!