The Official Media Thread

I have to admit that I didn't make it through the last five minutes of this, it just hit me too hard.  I had more f

Just one story to show what an honor it was to know Josiah's stepfather:  In the fall of 1990 the papers all ran a story about Tom Osborne talking about the starting nose guard, Pat Englebert, and how he had great feet.  A couple days later, Bill, Pat and I are sitting around waiting for some engineering class to start, and Bill points down to Pat's shoes and says, "Kevin! Look at those feet!"  Maybe you had to be there but it was genuinely hilarious.

One of the last times I ever saw him, after I hadn't ran into him for a few years, he introduced me to his new wife (Josiah's mom) and said, "She's the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

Oh, so this is going to be a thing now.  “Arrest college students for having fun and being passionate” isn’t a hill I’d die on.  Instead, I’d try to find ways to make sure everyone on the court is safe.  That seems more productive.

1. Under 4 timeout, officials meet with school admin to review end of game protocols.

2. Officials meet with coaches prior to starting play after under 4 to discuss protocol.  

3. End of horn, security forms “the line” between students and rushers.

4. If time and place allow, coach calls TO prior to final horn, subs 5 end of game players, instructs them to stand right by bench while clock expires.

This isn’t THAT hard.  That took me 5 minutes to come up with and (while it probably has holes) doesn’t take the fun or passion out of STUDENTS hands.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Oh, so this is going to be a thing now.  “Arrest college students for having fun and being passionate” isn’t a hill I’d die on.  Instead, I’d try to find ways to make sure everyone on the court is safe.  That seems more productive.

1. Under 4 timeout, officials meet with school admin to review end of game protocols.

2. Officials meet with coaches prior to starting play after under 4 to discuss protocol.  

3. End of horn, security forms “the line” between students and rushers.

4. If time and place allow, coach calls TO prior to final horn, subs 5 end of game players, instructs them to stand right by bench while clock expires.

This isn’t THAT hard.  That took me 5 minutes to come up with and (while it probably has holes) doesn’t take the fun or passion out of STUDENTS hands.

Wow, I've never taken that much time on one of my posts. I usually push the button at about the 18 second mark.

43 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Wow, I've never taken that much time on one of my posts. I usually push the button at about the 18 second mark.

I wanted to see what it was like putting in as much time on a post as some of these bracketologists do on their predictions.

Edited by hskr4life

1 hour ago, brfrad said:

I was listening to College Sports Network.  They mentioned having a 30 second delay.  That sounds like a pretty good compromise.   If you break through before the time, you receive a citation.

See I think that takes away a little from the moment.  Maybe 5-10 seconds.  30 is too long.  Either way, we’ve done all this for Flip who… didn’t even get imaging done?