2024 Pre-Season

5 hours ago, HB said:

You heard him correctly.   I paid close attention, since that's my favorite number.

Mine too! For the obvious reasons, but also it is just a good looking number! The mirrored semetry of the 6 and 9 is just pleasing to the eyes. That and 13. I ALWAYS picked 13 or 69 for my jerseys if they were available. And all my video game players are one of those two #'s

3 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I think we’re underselling how big of a team we’re gonna be next year. Especially at the guard/wing spots. 

I expect to see the rest of the B1G lamenting our "mickey mouse defense" again.  With all that length, I highly doubt we'll run a straight man-to-man other than in the final 5 seconds of the shot clock.

2 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I expect to see the rest of the B1G lamenting our "mickey mouse defense" again.  With all that length, I highly doubt we'll run a straight man-to-man other than in the final 5 seconds of the shot clock.

I hope we don’t switch to man in the last five seconds of the shot clock, if that’s what we did last year. It felt like we gave up a lot of late shot clock baskets after good defensive possessions. 

If everyone was healthy and available, who wins a round robin with these three groups?

PG – Rollie Worster

G – Sam Hoiberg

W – Braden Frager

F – Juwan Gary

C – Andrew Morgan

PG – Ahron Ulis 

G – Nick Janowski

W – Gavin Griffiths

F – Justin Bolis

C – Rienk Mast

G – Cale Jacobson

SG – Connor Essegian

W – Brice Williams

F – Berke Buyuktuncel

C – Braxton Meah

11 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

If everyone was healthy and available, who wins a round robin with these three groups?

PG – Rollie Worster

G – Sam Hoiberg

W – Braden Frager

F – Juwan Gary

C – Andrew Morgan

PG – Ahron Ulis 

G – Nick Janowski

W – Gavin Griffiths

F – Justin Bolis

C – Rienk Mast

G – Cale Jacobson

SG – Connor Essegian

W – Brice Williams

F – Berke Buyuktuncel

C – Braxton Meah

The Bottom group 

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

PG – Rollie Worster

G – Sam Hoiberg

W – Braden Frager

F – Juwan Gary

C – Andrew Morgan

PG – Ahron Ulis 

G – Nick Janowski

W – Gavin Griffiths

F – Justin Bolis

C – Rienk Mast

G – Cale Jacobson

SG – Connor Essegian

W – Brice Williams

F – Berke Buyuktuncel

C – Braxton Meah

Group two I think is a notch below the others. Group 3 having brice to handle some PG duties along with rim protection puts them just a bit above Group 1

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

Hmm, my mind isn't as sharp as it should be; I don't recall Rollie having an issue...

Believe this is in reference to the leg injury that caused him to miss that 2nd half of last season.

4 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Early notes:

Rollie has established himself, along with Juwan, as a vocal leader. That isnt surprising.

Showed better than average ability to defend on the perimeter.

Taller than expected. Appears 6’5” Not much difference between Rollie and Brice height wise. 

Meah is head and shoulders taller than anybody else. Dunking Amy and everything around the rim.

Fluid for his size.

Morgan may be the sleeper of the offseason. Showing some nice post moves, pretty mobile as well.

If Nick Janowski doesn’t see the court, wow. Absolute beast mentality. Relentless. High energy. Elite shooting ability. 

Connor is an elite shooter. 

Gavin can be special, shows flashes at times but also still needs some seasoning. 

People probably have overlooked the role of Cale. Brings experience and could be called on for his versatility and defensive fouls. Heady player. 

That is all for now. Everyone have a great 4th of July!!! 

How does Wooster compare with Sam Griesel? Similar players/athletes?