uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 31- Michigan

From UNL 

*-With the win, the Huskers clinch a double bye for next week’s Big Ten Tournament. It is the first time since 2017-18 that Nebraska has clinched a double bye.
*-With the win, Nebraska will finish in a tie for third place in the Big Ten, its best Big ten finish since joining the conference in 2011-12 and program’s best conference finish since tying for second in the Big Eight in 1992-93. Depending on the Wisconsin/Purdue result, it will be either a two-or-three-way tie for third place.
*-Nebraska’s 22 wins ties for second on the Huskers’ all-time single-season list, while the 12 conference wins ties for second all-time.
*-Nebraska picks up its first-ever win in Ann Arbor, as Nebraska was 0-12 all-time at Michigan before today. Today’s win also marks the Huskers’ first season sweep of the Wolverines.
*-Tominaga posted his second 30-point game of the season and third of his career with 30 points, one shy of his career high. He also tied a career high with six rebounds
*-With his 3-pointer with 4:22 left I the first half, Keisei Tominaga went over 1,000 career points at Nebraska. He became the 31st player to reach 1,000 career points at Nebraska. Tominaga has (982+) points at Nebraska.
*-Tominaga scored 20+ points in the first half, becoming the first Husker to score at least 20 points in a half since Rienk Mast did it against Ohio State on Jan. 23
*-Nebraska scored 50 first-half points, the fourth time Nebraska scored 50+ points in a first half this season and the second time in Big Ten play (also at Indiana).
*-Nebraska’s 11-0 second half run was the Huskers’ 21st double-figure run of the season

I see an early exit again for Purdue.  I think 100 % of the refs outside the Big Ten would have called a foul on Eddy when he hammered Chucky.  They miss the call, and allow Purdue to make a 3.  Then, they call phantom foul on the Wisconsin player guarding Eddy.  That was a 7 point change of events.

15 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I missed most of that fast paced first half because I went to church.  I have a feeling my explanation at the pearly gates will go over better than yours.  😉

Cip I will have to play “The Lord Knows I’m Drinking” and remind myself to have a good talk with the Lord later tonight.

4 minutes ago, throwback said:

Keisei with 30 pts in 32 min and on 17 shots. He was insanely good today.

That's the kind of 30 for 30 that I like to see. 

What a season, but I get the impression these guys don't feel like they're anywhere near done. Why not go on a run in Minneapolis?

Tominaga is just getting started. He's going to make history for the Big Red. LFG

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

I missed most of that fast paced first half because I went to church.  I have a feeling my explanation at the pearly gates will go over better than yours.  😉

Went to early Mass.  St. Peter is a Husker fan, he will respect the fact that I could do both 😉

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Keisei with 30 pts in 32 min and on 17 shots. He was insanely good today.

That's the kind of 30 for 30 that I like to see. 

What a season, but I get the impression these guys don't feel like they're anywhere near done. Why not go on a run in Minneapolis?

He also defended and rebounded well.  And lest we forget, he also set some great picks, rebounded well and helped clean the dust off the floor while spending so much time sliding across it on his butt.

Edited by Huskerpapa