Kevin McHale question

Loved the locker room visit by Kevin McHale...but I have questions.  Was his visit something that the camera crew and the PA announcers were told to not say anything about? Or is everyone in that group just oblivious to who he is?  Cameras can spot our football coach or our future starting QB in an instant.  You'd think that there would have been one camera shot of McHale in the stands or the PA Announcer saying that there was a former three time NBA champion in the house. 

No complaints or issues...just more of a curiosity of how those kind of things play out. 

Loved the locker room visit by Kevin McHale...but I have questions.  Was his visit something that the camera crew and the PA announcers were told to not say anything about? Or is everyone in that group just oblivious to who he is?  Cameras can spot our football coach or our future starting QB in an instant.  You'd think that there would have been one camera shot of McHale in the stands or the PA Announcer saying that there was a former three time NBA champion in the house. 

No complaints or issues...just more of a curiosity of how those kind of things play out. 
KP knew about it as he mentioned him during the broadcast.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

That is a great question as seems like a huge opportunity missed.  

Coming from our athletic department's historical handling of basketball compared to football, this doesn't surprise me. We'll trot out the 1994 5th string walk-on running back who got 3 carries and won a national championship, but we don't take the time to mention to a packed crowd that an NBA legend and Coach Hoiberg mentor is in the crowd. This type of thing has to change.

6 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

Coming from our athletic department's historical handling of basketball compared to football, this doesn't surprise me. We'll trot out the 1994 5th string walk-on running back who got 3 carries and won a national championship, but we don't take the time to mention to a packed crowd that an NBA legend and Coach Hoiberg mentor is in the crowd. This type of thing has to change.

Even Gonzaga started with a pile of crap in the middle of nowhere (if you've been to Spokane, you'll know). If that place can morph into a hoops meccas, anyplace else can, too. 

18 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

McHale wasn't there to be dog and ponied on the court. 

1 hour ago, jason2486 said:

That was one of my thoughts, but figured I'd try to put a positive spin on my question. 

53 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Would anyone on this board approve of Eric Piatkowski  visiting the University of Minnesota and getting a quick camera shot and wave on their video board during a game?  

I would totally approve of it!

(The Gopher fans would probably all be like, "Pie-who?" though.)

McHale is a hall of famer.  Pike, not so much.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:04 AM, hhcmatt said:

McHale wasn't there to be dog and ponied on the court. 

Agreed, plus with it being Senior Day I'm glad they didn't distract the attention.  NU Media still got the excellent video of him in the locker room post-game, poking fun at Sam's facial hair and telling us to "go kick Michigan's a$$" 🥳

7 hours ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

Agreed, plus with it being Senior Day I'm glad they didn't distract the attention.  NU Media still got the excellent video of him in the locker room post-game, poking fun at Sam's facial hair and telling us to "go kick Michigan's a$$" 🥳

Yes, let's do that. GBR Always.

23 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

As a tv game watcher now, I don't really care who is in the stands watching a game-and that also goes for Taylor Swift. Keep focusing on what happens on the court.

Totally agree.  I should have been more clear at my OP.  I was in the stands so I honestly don't care who they do or don't show on the Television screen at home.  I was curious how Husker Vision totally avoided showing him on Husker Vision screens at least once during the game. Larry the Cable wasn't a Husker, yet if he shows up for a BBall game they show him on the husker vision screen.  

16 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Totally agree.  I should have been more clear at my OP.  I was in the stands so I honestly don't care who they do or don't show on the Television screen at home.  I was curious how Husker Vision totally avoided showing him on Husker Vision screens at least once during the game. Larry the Cable wasn't a Husker, yet if he shows up for a BBall game they show him on the husker vision screen.  

Got it. Do they still do the hokey thing where they show couples in the audience surrounded by a heart and expect them to kiss? I hated that too.

6 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Got it. Do they still do the hokey thing where they show couples in the audience surrounded by a heart and expect them to kiss? I hated that too.

Haha only around VD.  They do other things like wanting people to dance or to make emoji faces or other oddball stuff like that.