2024 Portal Watch

25 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Awesome. Really interested to read his post-commit interview with Washut, assuming there will be one. The staff pitched him the Mast role. I think Mast is coming back. I suppose $200k makes it easier to convince a senior to come off the bench. 

If Mast has to get surgery on his knee like most assume, it would make sense for him to come back

So pumped with this get.  Great player who can dunk on you or stretch the court.  He does a whole lot at 6’10” 250. 

Hopefully Mast can get healthy because we might not need another big between Mast/Morgan/Gary.  Really, really good and diverse rotation there.  

Now get a 6’7” athletic wing who can knock down threes and a PG who is at least a serviceable backup and we’re scary.  

3 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

So pumped with this get.  Great player who can dunk on you or stretch the court.  He does a whole lot at 6’10” 250. 

Hopefully Mast can get healthy because we might not need another big between Mast/Morgan/Gary.  Really, really good and diverse rotation there.  

Now get a 6’7” athletic wing who can knock down threes and a PG who is at least a serviceable backup and we’re scary.  

I'll take as many athletic 6'-8" wing players as NU can muster, even that goggled kid from Rutgers would be a great get for NU since he fits into the mold of Husker lore. If he's not 'N' then I'll be very disappointed, tbh.

5 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'll take as many athletic 6'-8" wing players as NU can muster, even that goggled kid from Rutgers would be a great get for NU since he fits into the mold of Husker lore. If he's not 'N' then I'll be very disappointed, tbh.

When Rutgers came to Lincoln he was the one guy who you thought “huh he can put up some points” needs to find a weight room but had plenty of length to be a problem in our defense.  I to am hopeful we can sell him on a big roll off the bench this year and a chance to start next year. 

21 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Gary fits better in that wing role than always having to guard guys bigger than he is. I think another big would be huge to get him out on the wing.

15 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

When Rutgers came to Lincoln he was the one guy who you thought “huh he can put up some points” needs to find a weight room but had plenty of length to be a problem in our defense.  I to am hopeful we can sell him on a big roll off the bench this year and a chance to start next year. 

Worked for JPJ nearly a decade ago...hard to believe it was already Dec. 1, 2015. that Miami 'the U' with JPJ had played at PBA.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

High socks with multi-color wide stripes near the top... oh yeah.

I have a picture of me looking like that. With the short, shorts with the fake belt! And I was lucky enough to have huge thighs, which helped my football career but didn’t do much for the basketball  fashion. Made the shorts even shorter😉

19 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

How many of these Celebrated MN High School “Bigs” do you remember? Rik Rikert, Joel Pryzbilla, Kyle Sanden, Kris Humphries or Trevor Mbakwe? *Hint* one of them was Married to Kim Kardshian. 

The Huskers handled Kris Humphries and the Gophers in their house 20 years ago. For that game I had to follow along on 1-800-TELL. Did anyone else ever have to use that?

We had a good team that year. I believe that’s also the year Dourisseau brought down the whole damn goal against Tennessee. Why the h*ll was Nate Johnson not a full time starter?

54 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

How many of these Celebrated MN High School “Bigs” do you remember? Rik Rikert, Joel Pryzbilla, Kyle Sanden, Kris Humphries or Trevor Mbakwe? *Hint* one of them was Married to Kim Kardshian. 

In the future, everyone will be married to Kim Kardashian for 15 minutes.

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

The Huskers handled Kris Humphries and the Gophers in their house 20 years ago. For that game I had to follow along on 1-800-TELL. Did anyone else ever have to use that?

We had a good team that year. I believe that’s also the year Dourisseau brought down the whole damn goal against Tennessee. Why the h*ll was Nate Johnson not a full time starter?

Conk considers Nate Johnson one of the best to ever play at NU.... of course, he's a bit biased. But, he could have been on the Lakers!! He was that talented. No clue why B.C. didn't value Nate like he should've been. That team was more than solid. They beat CU at CU in the opener of the N.I.T. and it was Nate Johnson making the game-winner to take it 71-70. I was sitting in the Bird Cage and going bonkers!!! Nate was GREAT!!!