2024 Portal Watch

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Theres been some big time entries today alone.

Nothing to base it on, but it feels like guys have had time to weigh their current team's offers and now they're hitting the portal for $.

For example, 2 Arizona starters announced today, so they're not leaving for playing time. 

1 hour ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Per Gary Sharp (UNO play-by-play guy), Fidler will be announcing on his morning radio show on Monday morning. Probably means it’s either us or Creighton.

I’d rather have Griffiths if we can only land one, but both would be nice.

Maybe Fidler can bring Chucky with him. Fidler, Chucky, Kyle, Griffiths sounds good to me.

Edited by hskr4life

1 hour ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Per Gary Sharp (UNO play-by-play guy), Fidler will be announcing on his morning radio show on Monday morning. Probably means it’s either us or Creighton.

I’d rather have Griffiths if we can only land one, but both would be nice.

I'd like to be able to root for the kid, so ABC! 

(Anywhere but Creighton)

22 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Maybe Fidler can bring Chucky with him. Fidler, Chucky, Kyle, Griffiths sounds good to me.

Boy that would be quite the haul..

If Fidler was to come that would put us at 6 seniors next year I believe..  I know the transfer portal age is different but anyone else a bit concerned with having that many seniors...??

5 minutes ago, TourneyBound said:

If Fidler was to come that would put us at 6 seniors next year I believe..  I know the transfer portal age is different but anyone else a bit concerned with having that many seniors...??

Would be a heck of a problem

15 minutes ago, TourneyBound said:

Better than having 6 freshmen and then having 4 of them transfer after the season anyway

17 minutes ago, TourneyBound said:

My only concern is that next year's portal won't have Covid seniors. So teams will be plugging holes more with underclassmen than they have been. Still plenty of transfers, but I think this will make it tougher to rebuild quickly. No 5th year players, and the seniors you bring in won't have a bonus year.

Filling 6 holes next year isn't ideal, but I'm sure we can find a way.

45 minutes ago, TourneyBound said:

Nope. I'd wager we'll average 5 transfers every off-season from here on out unless they change the rules of the transfer portal.

Silver lining that many transfers probably encourages the underclassmen to stay. Especially since the Super Senior are no longer a thing.

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Nope. I'd wager we'll average 5 transfers every off-season from here on out unless they change the rules of the transfer portal.

Silver lining that many transfers probably encourages the underclassmen to stay. Especially since the Super Senior are no longer a thing.

i don’t think that would bother Fred much when you look back on his Iowa State days.  He was pretty good with transfers back then.

45 minutes ago, busticket said:

i don’t think that would bother Fred much when you look back on his Iowa State days.  He was pretty good with transfers back then.

I agree. I think he's figured out how he wants to approach transfers in this new portal era. Took him a bit to get his sea legs under him, but I think he'll be steady from here on out 😉

4 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

My only concern is that next year's portal won't have Covid seniors. So teams will be plugging holes more with underclassmen than they have been. Still plenty of transfers, but I think this will make it tougher to rebuild quickly. No 5th year players, and the seniors you bring in won't have a bonus year.

Filling 6 holes next year isn't ideal, but I'm sure we can find a way.

How many players are on the court at once... 5.

How many are in Freddy's rotation by season's end.... 7.

So, it boils down to who can NU get that fills those 7 spots BEST!

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I agree. I think he's figured out how he wants to approach transfers in this new portal era. Took him a bit to get his sea legs under him, but I think he'll be steady from here on out 😉

I think it took somebody's telling him to shit-can Matty Abdelmassih, but yeah, let's keep on keepin' on, 2023 & 2024 have been good thus far as hoops action played in those calendar years. GBR Always.

Edited by AuroranHusker