NCAA Tournament Watch

10 minutes ago, doc1394 said:

Did all the bid stealers affect us at all? Intuitively I would guess no since it’s just swapping 11 and 12 seeds but you guys know more than me 

Only thing it might affect is if we are a 7 seed.  This could be a year where the play in Dayton games are 10 seeds instead of the usual 11 and 12 seeds.  If that were to be the case, our 1st round opponent may be in Dayton.

KPI dropped 1 I believe.  SOR and BPI remained the same.  So heading into selection show

NET- 33 (8-9 seed range)

SOR/KPI Avg- 25.5 (6-7 seed range)

BPI/Pom Avg- 33.5 (8-9 seed range)

Final guess for me is an 8 with an outside shot at a 7.  No way we get a 10, and a very very slim chance we get a 9.  We'll be wearing the home whites round 1!

16 minutes ago, doc1394 said:

Did all the bid stealers affect us at all? Intuitively I would guess no since it’s just swapping 11 and 12 seeds but you guys know more than me 

I'd agree with that

21 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Iowa State is getting Omaha no matter what. I think he’s saying our chances of getting Omaha rise if ISU is a one seed, because he’s assuming we’ll get an 8 or 9.

Yeah, I think their chances of getting that 1 seed are better than 50/50 because of how they won yesterday. So now if we want Omaha, we need to match up with that, so 8/9 seed.

Could also happen that they don’t get the 1 seed, we do get a 7 seed and we’re both in Omaha that way. I just think that’s less likely and don’t think any of today’s results will change anything. We’re just waiting now.

4 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:

My concern is buying tickets for the correct session.  How soon will we know which session if we get placed in Omaha?  Does anyone have insight on this?

If we're in Omaha?

You go to the ticket site, then click on the session that is 4 times more expensive. That will be the session that Nebraska is in :lol:

The sessions are based on time. Session 1 are the early day games. Session 2 is the evening.

Could northwestern be in more trouble than everything thinks? I saw one bracketologist have them in the last 4 in. Their SOR is good, but all their other metrics are about the same as Ohio State if not worse. And they have that awful quad 4 loss. Worst loss of any at-large team.

16 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Could northwestern be in more trouble than everything thinks? I saw one bracketologist have them in the last 4 in. Their SOR is good, but all their other metrics are about the same as Ohio State if not worse. And they have that awful quad 4 loss. Worst loss of any at-large team.

Anyone 10 seed or below should be sweating today with all of the bid stealers.  There is precedent for the 4th place B1G team being left out while the 5th makes it.

Either way, I would assume ISU gets a later game in Omaha being further west than the east coast sites.  So we’d be the game before them I’d assume.  Which could be an early afternoon or late evening.  *If in Omaha.

Edited by hskr4life

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Either way, I would assume ISU gets a later game in Omaha being further west than the east coast sites.  So we’d be the game before them I’d assume.  Which could be an early afternoon or late evening.  *If in Omaha.

They are absolutely going to play in Omaha