NCAA Tournament Watch

On 3/12/2024 at 7:16 PM, REDZONEDAN said:

I feel like we really should have beaten Arkansas in 1998.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but I felt like we led most of that game, but then got into foul trouble and lost the lead with about 4 or 5 minutes left in the game. Did Lue foul out of that game?

sure wish Lue came back for his senior year because we wouldn’t be talking about still trying to get our first tourney win.

So Clemson loses last night to Boston College.  They are a consensus 5-6 seed.  They finish the year limping in at a whopping 1-3 in March with losses to Notre Dame, Wake Forest, and Boston College.  Their lone win was Syracuse at home.

Their metrics are now

SOR 37, KPI 17… 27 Avg

BPI 30, Pom 36… 33 Avg

NET 35

They should be seeded right around us.  There’s no way they’re a 5-6 seed and we’re an 8-9.  My guess is they’d be an 7 and us an 8 based solely on NONCON SOS.  However, we win 1-2 and we’ll be seeded ahead of them.  Mark it.

31 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

So Clemson loses last night to Boston College.  They are a consensus 5-6 seed.  They finish the year limping in at a whopping 1-3 in March with losses to Notre Dame, Wake Forest, and Boston College.  Their lone win was Syracuse at home.

Their metrics are now

SOR 37, KPI 17… 27 Avg

BPI 30, Pom 36… 33 Avg

NET 35

They should be seeded right around us.  There’s no way they’re a 5-6 seed and we’re an 8-9.  My guess is they’d be an 7 and us an 8 based solely on NONCON SOS.  However, we win 1-2 and we’ll be seeded ahead of them.  Mark it.

We'll see. They have wins at North Carolina and at Alabama which does a lot of heavy lifting. 

21 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Lunardi now has us as an 8 seed and Michigan State is one of the last four byes. He is paying more attention.

I think it’s also a product of actually having enough info now to pin point where teams are going to land.  Bracketology in February is like throwing a dart at a board.  Now that we’re closer to the end, you can really start honing in on certain teams resumes and metrics.  Some will look better than their seed (we’re a good example) and some worse than their seed (Clemson, MSU, etc)

4 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Me every other year: Lunardi's an idiot!

Me today: Lunardi's a genius!

What a great job Lunardi has. He gets paid alot of money to just guess at what each team will be seeded and who's in and who's out.  He's like a weatherman.  He gets paid whether he's right or wrong.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:11 AM, 49r said:

@Norm Peterson might be conflicted with that matchup.

Imma be honest this hurts a little bit. I'm happy for Fred and for the fact we seem to be turning things around, but I've been talking about this guy for years now.

Mac the Red 🌮 on X- -I love McCasland for a lot of reasons But this may be the biggest Texas Tech has struggled to defend th.url

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Imma be honest this hurts a little bit. I'm happy for Fred and for the fact we seem to be turning things around, but I've been talking about this guy for years now.

Mac the Red 🌮 on X- -I love McCasland for a lot of reasons But this may be the biggest Texas Tech has struggled to defend th.url

Don't know why I can't get links to post but that link should have posted a tweet that praised Grant McCasland's ability to coach defense.

Also, what I wouldn't give to be a 7-seed rather than an 8.

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

What a great job Lunardi has. He gets paid alot of money to just guess at what each team will be seeded and who's in and who's out.  He's like a weatherman.  He gets paid whether he's right or wrong.

The thing about jobs like these is they require that you leave your dignity and pride at the door, and for some of us, that's too high a price...:) Being professionally wrong should come with hazard pay for the shrink session you'll ultimately need. 

Edited by tcp