Purdue (14-1) vs. Nebraska (12-3) Game Thread

9 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

Mast is 14-46 on the year. That's 30%. My vote is he stops taking them altogether unless the shot clock is < 5.

I disagree— he’s a career 32.6% shooter which is basically 1/3.  From a big man, that’s not terrible.  We also need that offensive production from him outside with the way that our offense is structured.  Otherwise, if teams know he isn’t shooting, they can pack it in which hurts our other guys.

Not saying he should take a ton of 3’s, but 2-3 early and more if he is hitting isn’t a bad thing IMO.

1 hour ago, HuskerActuary said:

Mast is 14-46 on the year. That's 30%. My vote is he stops taking them altogether unless the shot clock is < 5.

Playing conservatively is a way to lose these types of games by a respectable margin. Rather see was take the type of shots that mean we could win or else lose by 20

7 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Playing conservatively is a way to lose these types of games by a respectable margin. Rather see was take the type of shots that mean we could win or else lose by 20

Sure, but we have better options to take those shots.

I hope he lights it up tonight and I'm wrong!