What's up with Ramel Lloyd?

Roast Beef

4 minutes ago, Vinny said:

At the B1G tournament rather than being on the bench and in on huddles like Blaise and Eli, Ramel sat with a cohort of other people about 15 feet behind the bench. I thought it was odd at first, but then remembered who it was and it seemed perfectly normal.

Define "normal" 😄

8 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

He was at the March Madness watch party at Hoiberg's house. And perhaps he was suspended all year by Trev's pot policies that supposedly got Juwan and DWalk their 6-game suspensions.

Nothing's off the table.... such a weird situation with Trev's rules for Nebrasketball. I wonder if Rhule's team had this same scrutiny.... hmmm.

10 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

He was at the March Madness watch party at Hoiberg's house. And perhaps he was suspended all year by Trev's pot policies that supposedly got Juwan and DWalk their 6-game suspensions.

If you're suspended from the team you show up as Out on the availability report which certainly has not been the case for the entire year.

Have we ever even seen him play in an exhibition game or a scrimmage while at Nebraska? It’s just the weirdest thing as it seems he looks the part of at minimum being a rotation player in the BIG 10.  Maybe it is just all the dad being over controlling.  I’ll be interested to see what level of program interest he receives once he’s in the portal. 

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I'd wonder what might have happened after Bando got hurt if Lloyd would have chosen to burn his redshirt.  Otherwise it would seem that if you choose not to play long enough it tends to effect your playing time.

I suppose so. We'll likely never know the entirety of his situation, because I'd imagine he's a spectator this weekend, and then we shall see where he lands next.

5 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Have we ever even seen him play in an exhibition game or a scrimmage while at Nebraska? It’s just the weirdest thing as it seems he looks the part of at minimum being a rotation player in the BIG 10.  Maybe it is just all the dad being over controlling.  I’ll be interested to see what level of program interest he receives once he’s in the portal. 

He played against colorado last year