Nebraska (6-16) vs Northwestern (10-10) game thread

cipsucks

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

"Chicago's Team"

When I was in junior high, we had class called music lab. the teacher had headphones rigged on a steel frame that he would lower it down and we put our phones on and listened to Chicago, Blood Sweat and Tears for an hour. what a class.

Edited by Bugeaters1

Gotta think we'll be favored by a point or 2 - if so, it'll be only the 2nd B1G game we've been the favorite since Fred arrived. Would break a string of being the underdog in a B1G game of 34 straight games.

Other time as the favorite was against NW at home too by 1 pt I think. Hopefully the outcome will be different this time around. That was the game where we missed roughly 5 million free throws if I remember correctly and lost in OT.

So when you look at it from Las Vegas' standpoint, our 5-47 outright B1G record under Fred (or whatever it actually is) is almost overachieving. Vegas says we should be 1-51. (I must go throw up now.)

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

I actually saw the 1980 Elton John tour at the BDSC.  Just a few years before Handy Johnson appeared there, Dimes.  😉   Front row B section seats about 100 feet from the stage.  This was the opening song. In my all-time Top 5 concerts I've attended. 

Cip, I was at that concert.   Believe it or not, I had trouble getting a date.    🤦‍♂️  Finally did.   You're right, great concert, great venue.

Nebraska wore camouflaged jerseys on Sept 11th in commemoration of the 20th year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, a way to sell more Adidas jerseys while commemorating a historic event.  As someone who has never been in the military nor will never be in the military, it's quite easy for me to see the cynical commercial aspect of this. As someone with military folks in their daily life, I can understand why they might feel differently than I do.  Maybe my opinion on that football jersey is markedly different because of my life experience or maybe at the end of the day I just don't care at all about jersey design. Maybe it's important to me if it's important to some of the guys on the team. I guess it's a matter of perspective.