Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

2 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

206 is his height in centimeters.

One main reason this country won't go the metric system: No one knows their height in cm, their weight in kg, or their average body temp in °C.

I never even thought about cm as a unit of measurement. I tried so hard to think of what they were trying to convey with (206) before I posted. I use the metric system pretty regularly for work. Peoples weight, height, temp. And I was still completely oblivious and was like the have to mean weight 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 5:21 PM, millerhusker said:

Tyronn Lue is my favorite basketball player of all time. He's had an incredible career. Won an NIT championship and went to an NCAA tourney in college. Won two NBA championships as a player with the Lakers. Won a championship with the Cavs as head coach. Played with Kobe, Shaq, Michael Jordan, T-Mac, Grant Hill, Yao, Dirk, Jason Kidd. Played for Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Jeff Van Gundy. Coached Lebron, Kyrie, Love, Kawhi, Paul George. Now he'll be a Team USA coach. Amazing experiences he has had. Just a kid from Mexico, Missouri. So happy for him. 

Tyronn was a guest on the "All the Smoke" podcast during NBA Summer League. Great interview - worth watching the whole thing. Includes comments on his recruitment to Nebraska and his time as a Husker. 

Edited by arliepro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Can you imagine if Thor had had a jumper half as good as Keisei's? And by half, I don't mean in terms of percentage. I'm not talking math. I'm talking esthetics. I mean, if he could have mustered even low-30s from deep, he would have been one of our best players this century.

Thor's issue was it took him so long to get a shot off. He seemed to have relatively decent form, but wow, was it so slow of a release.

38 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Thor's issue was it took him so long to get a shot off. He seemed to have relatively decent form, but wow, was it so slow of a release.

Well, the form wasn't great. Not only was it slow, but it was also lacking in elevation. So that made it doubly easy to block and therefore required him to have twice as much room. Which wasn't an issue for opposing defenses because, shoot, he's got an 80% chance of missing, so leave him as much room as he wants. If he'd had more of a conventional and accurate shooting stroke, he'd have been such a great player for us, because he was so savvy in so many other ways.

30 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, the form wasn't great. Not only was it slow, but it was also lacking in elevation. So that made it doubly easy to block and therefore required him to have twice as much room. Which wasn't an issue for opposing defenses because, shoot, he's got an 80% chance of missing, so leave him as much room as he wants. If he'd had more of a conventional and accurate shooting stroke, he'd have been such a great player for us, because he was so savvy in so many other ways.

Yeah, low & slow... apparently that works in his homeland ! 😉