Frankie Fidler - Transfer -> Mich State

On 3/27/2024 at 4:44 PM, jimmykc said:

I trust you watched the whole 2hr25 minutes of it. Actually, the 1972 movie is one of my favorite musicals but I could not seem to download it.

It's in my Top 10 movie list, and is a Top 5 musical along with Phantom of the Opera, My Fair Lady, Jekyll and Hyde, and Hamilton.

13 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Les Mis, Wicked, Greatest Showman, Jesus Christ Superstar, Hair could/should all be up there somewhere.

Les Mis is great but not in my top 5.  Wicked and Greatest Showman are also really enjoyable.  I'm not a huge fan of Jesus Christ Superstar (it wouldn't crack my Top 3 Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals), and I've actually never seen Hair.

Edit: this seems like a really good offseason topic.  I may hold off on any further discourse, and post it as an OT thread during the dog days of summer.

Edited by aphilso1

• 2 weeks later...

For what it’s worth, here are a few posts from yesterday on Red Sea Scrolls in a Frankie Fidler thread:

”Frankie is golfing with Sam Hoiberg today….maybe a good sign!”; 

later yesterday, “Pretty sure fiddler at Barry’s right now“; and

still later, “Can confirm. Surrounded by the ladies.”

3 hours ago, Swan88 said:

For what it’s worth, here are a few posts from yesterday on Red Sea Scrolls in a Frankie Fidler thread:

”Frankie is golfing with Sam Hoiberg today….maybe a good sign!”; 

later yesterday, “Pretty sure fiddler at Barry’s right now“; and

still later, “Can confirm. Surrounded by the ladies.”

Tennessee style hostess’s?

Edited by northwillriseagain

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

The official broadcast partner of Creighton athletics.  Seems like we have our answer on where he plans to go then, eh?

Wouldn't read into it. Gary Sharp is the voice of the Mavs, travels with Frankie to every game so they're probably close. Probably doing a solid favor for Gary's show. All that said, I suspect it's the Badgers. But we're getting Griffiths with 3 years left, so it's all good.

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

The official broadcast partner of Creighton athletics.  Seems like we have our answer on where he plans to go then, eh?

Gary Sharp is the play by play guy for the Omaha Maverick's so that's the relationship.

FWIW Noah Fant infamously committed to Iowa there so I would read zero into the station. 

"Home School Believer" in his twitter profile...

As a public school teacher, this was a bit of a red flag for me. And then I did a little digging. 

https://interactives.dallasnews.com/2015/on-the-move/

Great that he's a husker bball supporter, but I'm thinking the guy's a snake.  Parkview Christian shit on steroids. 

Edited by jason2486

14 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

"Home School Believer" in his twitter profile...

As a public school teacher, this was a bit of a red flag for me. And then I did a little digging. 

https://interactives.dallasnews.com/2015/on-the-move/

Great that he's a husker bball supporter, but I'm thinking the guy's a snake.  Parkview Christian shit on steroids. 

My reaction is totally skewed.  I instantly wondered why none of these players were recruited to Nebraska.  Shame on me!

9 hours ago, 49r said:

If he wanted to go on the Creighton show, he'd be announcing sometime between 2 and 6

It's amazing how public school defender assumes that Neal Hawks must be a wacko for living out his beliefs. Why is that so threatening -- I personally don't give a rip if the guy wants to home school or private school or whatever school, who really cares how the guy wants to live his own life?!

<Rant over.>

7 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

My reaction is totally skewed.  I instantly wondered why none of these players were recruited to Nebraska.  Shame on me!

Keenan Holdman was a graduate assistant for us, currently coaches at UNO