2024 NCAA Tourney

10 minutes ago, roscoe said:

Aren't Anderson and Ogelsby mainly Big 10 refs? And Ayers does Big 10 as well? Interesting that bowl games use officials not from teams conference but basketball puts all 3 with conference ties. And there has to be better refs out there than "High Knees" and Ogelsby. 

Not sure on Ogels... but Anderson does a lot of games around the country and does multiple conferences.  Go back through his high knees twitter account and it's a new conference every night really.

34 minutes ago, roscoe said:

Aren't Anderson and Ogelsby mainly Big 10 refs? And Ayers does Big 10 as well? Interesting that bowl games use officials not from teams conference but basketball puts all 3 with conference ties. And there has to be better refs out there than "High Knees" and Ogelsby. 

It seems to me refs are assigned more to regions than conferences. 

After watching this game, my level of hate for U Conn is incredibly high.  To the point when they play Creighton,  I won't know who to cheer for.

They are really good, but Purdue was screwed in this game.  They can't get 3 point shots off, and they can't guard U Conn's guards.

2 minutes ago, brfrad said:

After watching this game, my level of hate for U Conn is incredibly high.  To the point when they play Creighton,  I won't know who to cheer for.

They are really good, but Purdue was screwed in this game.  They can't get 3 point shots off, and they can't guard U Conn's guards.

You must not work with Creighton basketball fans.

24 minutes ago, brfrad said:

UConn’s guards were always going to be the reason they won with Clingan and Edey basically cancelling eachother out. Loyer Jones and Smith never played a combination of guards like that all year that all run Hurley’s sets to perfection and can also defend the 3 with their size. They just wear you down and make it look easy. 

But I do agree that their fans are extremely obnoxious and some of the worst on social media. 

59 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Purdue had to have more than 1 3 pointer to be in this game.

UConn was inevitable, they've been the most dominant program in 2023-24. Their major blip occurred on Febr. 20, 2024, in downtown Omaha... not much went wrong for them after that, tbh. The Huskies deserved it, they were the best, not unlike the women's finale as the most dominant player/personality in the game both lost since the other squad was the BEST TEAM.

Final thought: Last night's game was a dud and Purdue is done unless they find another 7'4" guy. I'm already feeling enthusiastic for the next season after a couple of more transfer coups occur. The groundwork for continued success has been established and no one is going to overlook us this time.  

Edited by jimmykc

7 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Final thought: Last night's game was a dud and Purdue is done unless they find another 7'4" guy before. I'm already feeling enthusiastic for the next season after a couple of more transfer coups occur. The groundwork for continued success has been established and no one is going to overlook us this time.  

They do have a 7’3” guy on the roster. And another one coming next year. Not sure how good they are though. Painter has finished top 4 in the Big Ten in 14 of the last 18 seasons. His model of recruiting and developing to his system prevailed through the 1 and done era and I think they’ll be fine in the portal era too. 

I really thought Lance Jones would of had a bigger impact last night.  He scored those 3 early points and then nothing.  I know he was in foul trouble that 1st half but 23 minutes seems way to low for him.  Painter was playing that #5 in 2nd half which seemed odd to me because i don't think id seen him play before.  Maybe he played him for defensive purposes but Jones is usually a great defender and can hit the 3 also.  They definitely needed to make more than one 3 pointer like brfrad  said.