uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 30- Rutgers

22 hours ago, cipsucks said:

NCAA Tourney?  It'll be a first round home loss in the NIT. I can't handle this stuff.  Quit saying this won't happen, blah, blah blah.  Start saying this will happen.  The Huskers WILL be in the Sweet Sixteen!  The Huskers will be in the finals of the B1G Tournament! It's not that hard just to say it.  Speak it out loud. 

This post is now just one downvote away from a goocher!

2 hours ago, REDZONEDAN said:

It still amazes me that they don’t call that shit. Absolutely pisses me off. It just supports the theory that the Big Ten favors certain teams, and we’re not one of them.

What makes it even more maddening, if WE did that type of grab and hold against our opponents, WE would be called for a foul(s)!!!

Appears most has been covered.  I watched the highlight video posted and early on in that Allick has putback/layup and clearly gets pushed from behind and no call while twice Huskers swiped at ball and hit nothing and called for foul and an and one for Rutgers. Also, after Rutgers made basket in 2nd half Keisei went to run up court and was grabbed just like in the picture but it was different defender. And how can the refs not have situational awareness? Brice was bringing ball up court with just over minute left and was being rode the whole way and got shoved nearly stepping out of bounds but had wherewithall to call timeout. On the other side of the coin McJunkins was watching Keisei very close when he went off the court and neared the crowd on 3 pt play and not sure Fernandes made much contact on the 4 pt play. But it's not like there needed to be some payback.

And did anyone else hear guy holler when Keisei missed his ft? I didn't hear what he said but talked to someone after and he said the guy hollered "1 more year". A few in my section, myself included hollered back at him to shut up as Rutgers took ball up court.

Nice win and all but secures Big Dance invite unless some sort of witchcraft demonizes the committee.

25 minutes ago, roscoe said:

And did anyone else hear guy holler when Keisei missed his ft? I didn't hear what he said but talked to someone after and he said the guy hollered "1 more year". A few in my section, myself included hollered back at him to shut up as Rutgers took ball up court.

You must be in my section.  Many of us heard it and one of my sons yelled at the dude soon thereafter.  The dude had zero situational awareness!

55 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

You must be in my section.  Many of us heard it and one of my sons yelled at the dude soon thereafter.  The dude had zero situational awareness!

He probably thought he was being cute, I could hear the jack-wad way up top even. Keisei doesn't even have one more year... what a tool that yeller dillweed is. Sheesh Louise.

12 hours ago, roscoe said:

Sounds like he didn’t need “1 more beer”

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Well, then, at least that makes more sense than doing so for KT. Sheesh, what a dumass to do it during a crucial FT by KT.

I know, everyone turned around and was like WTF?

I think he is a friend or something maybe as last game he was yelling happy birthday to CJ at every time out. At least I think it was the same guy.

19 hours ago, REDZONEDAN said:

It still amazes me that they don’t call that shit. Absolutely pisses me off. It just supports the theory that the Big Ten favors certain teams, and we’re not one of them.

'Oh yeah, Nebraska will forever remain a Jr. Member of the Big Ten basketball conference. Shoot, and for NU football, it certainly isn't a much different story, tbh.

2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I remember the Bob yellin' for Tyronn Lue to have 1 more year.... that was only 26 years ago. Sheesh!!!

It was no big deal, we'd have only gone to the Final Four the next year if he had come back

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

7 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

It was no big deal, we'd have only gone to the Final Four the next year if he had come back

I completely forgot who his replacement was.  5'11" point guard Joe Holmes. 1.8 pts, 1.4 ast, 1.0 reb.  For the season he was 0 for 4 from behind the arc. 

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

'Oh yeah, Nebraska will forever remain a Jr. Member of the Big Ten basketball conference. Shoot, and for NU football, it certainly isn't a much different story, tbh.

I have to think Big Ten coaches know it’s not going to be called, so they instruct their players to hold him.  Hopefully the refs call it in our NCAA Tournament games and Keisei goes off and leads us to multiple wins.

2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I completely forgot who his replacement was.  5'11" point guard Joe Holmes. 1.8 pts, 1.4 ast, 1.0 reb.  For the season he was 0 for 4 from behind the arc. 

Quite possibly the worst shooter ever to put on a Husker uniform.

1 hour ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Maybe one of the few times Joe Holmes gets mentioned on HHC.

in the spirit of that, I’m gonna type:

Ross Buckendahl

Craig Wortmann

Shang Ping

Steve Harley

Adam Bohac

and

Dan Hiemos

Christopher Niemann.

Career 18.8% 00% 00% guy.

4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Ironic that NU's Venson Hamilton won the Player of the Year in 1999. Drafted into the NBA but never sniffed the floor at that level. Tyronn was a beast at 6'-0" 170#.

And the fact we had the B12 POTY...and didn't make the NCAA Tourney!! Unbelievable