Nebraska (20-8) vs. Ohio St. (16-12) Game Thread

18 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Don’t want to gloss over

1. Juwan used his shoulder injury last year to work on his form.  Kudos.  His shot is much improved.

2. Fred’s praise for Boogie as both a leader and acceptor of his role on the team.  Boogie’s situation can’t be easy at all.  I have so much respect for someone who is making the best of his situation vs causing a stink.  It’s rare these days but it’ll take him far in life.

Since I offered "Love Rollercoaster" by the Ohio Players for our LAST game against OSU (which worked out well), I will offer this example of finely crafted lyrics by the same group. You would never want to mistake them for world class talent but they did what the did well and they wore fun costumes.

Edited by KZRider

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Kent is an absolute legend and Jake is pretty damn good in his own right.  We really are fortunate with the quality play by play people we have in all the sports...at least in my opinion and in the sports I listen to - football, men's and women's basketball and volleyball.  All great and very well produced.

20 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I think it's time to give Nebraska some love.  James Coburn was born in Laurel, Nebraska.  I was up in that neck of the woods today.  Keisei daggers will be flying tomorrow night!  GBR!

I made my way through Laurel last fall on the way back to far eastern NE from Wausu. Beautiful countryside to navigate in and around Randolph. 

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

There's a part of me -- the Husker Hoops PTSD part -- that worries we won't bring our "A" game tonight and that we'll somehow manage to sneak into the NIT. As a 5-seed. For a road game. Please, just win this one tonight so I can rest easy.

Oh God, no. That's too painful to re-consider as an option. I'm locked & loaded for NU to become a 7-seed in Omaha. Let's do this, Big Red!!

1 hour ago, tcp said:

20 videos or so in, and one still absent has me sort of flabbergasted....maybe b/c it's the nature of the tune...still, if the musical subject is Ohio, this one's a Hall of Famer. 

Great song from a great band. I thought about posting that one but wasn't sure it would go over on this board. 

54 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

There's a part of me -- the Husker Hoops PTSD part -- that worries we won't bring our "A" game tonight and that we'll somehow manage to sneak into the NIT. As a 5-seed. For a road game. Please, just win this one tonight so I can rest easy.

I also have PTSD.  I am not going to rest easy until I see Nebraska's name in the tournament bracket.

8 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I also have PTSD.  I am not going to rest easy until I see Nebraska's name in the tournament bracket.

If we win tonight and against Rutgers, I'm not going to worry about whether we're in or not.

Then I'll focus all my worrying on what seed we get.

Edited by Norm Peterson