uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 27 - Indiana

43 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

We really needed our most athletic players (Brice and Jamarques) to step up when Indiana made that run and the refs let the game get physical - and both of them really did.   Great to see.

I know at least 7 of our players have been the guy that the TV crew selects to interview after the game (basically a view of the player of the game).   Only one in the main rotation I am not sure about is Sam - anyone remember him being in that spot.   Regardless it is really amazing how we seem to have different guys step up from game to game.   A really balanced team which makes us hard to prepare for I would think.

And that's a good indicator that this team is a cohesive, locked-in group of guys. Any of 'em could be The Man on any given night. It's a beautiful sight to behold. Let's keep it rollin'!

After J-Law's 5-5 night on threes, the entire rotation is at least a 31% 3FG shooter. Seven guys are 35%+ when including Eli Rice. Man, it'd be nice to have Rice back for the Big Dance. He could be a lethal weapon in that atmosphere, because teams wouldn't know him. It might be a difference-maker in making that historic win a reality in March Madness. LET'S GO, BIG RED! GBR!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

54 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I'm not banking on it, but there is a more than slim chance that we could head into the BTT on a 7 game heater as the 3 seed.

Nebraska has never been given the benefit for finishing high in conference but that should be a top 4-6 ncaa seed.  Especially if you get one in the conference tourney.

Add another one to the list of games where I (irrationally) have been frustrated with Brice in the first half for seeming to calm and cool, almost appears uninterested. Only in the second half those exact same qualities make him the most important player on the team battling through tough stretches.

I love watching guys like Josiah and Keisei who put every emotion out on display. But we need guys like Brice.

1 minute ago, nuhusker7 said:

Add another one to the list of games where I (irrationally) have been frustrated with Brice in the first half for seeming to calm and cool, almost appears uninterested. Only in the second half those exact same qualities make him the most important player on the team battling through tough stretches.

I love watching guys like Josiah and Keisei who put every emotion out on display. But we need guys like Brice.

Brice is nice, I've been telling you guys that all season. We need to pump the brakes on the Brice hate. He's a darn good player, and he'll take over games next season. GBR 

1 minute ago, cipsucks said:

And?

I like to beat Indiana, it's fun to get back to that. And, Hoiberg started 0-7 against I.U. That's the fun part, beating 'em. Let's keep doin' it.

**I hit enter to post before my thought was finished. So, your "And?" made me chuckle. Yeah, I was not done talkin'**

Edited by AuroranHusker

13 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Brice is nice, I've been telling you guys that all season. We need to pump the brakes on the Brice hate. He's a darn good player, and he'll take over games next season. GBR 

I hope I’ve never seemed like I was hating on Brice. I know he was new and it took a bit to figure out he just has a calm, sure demeanor you don’t see a lot in the game today. But after watching him this season, I know that just because he isn’t shooting ice into his veins, or flashing three point goggles after a big shot, it doesn’t mean he’s not locked in.

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

I hope I’ve never seemed like I was hating on Brice. I know he was new and it took a bit to figure out he just has a calm, sure demeanor you don’t see a lot in the game today. But after watching him this season, I know that just because he isn’t shooting ice into his veins, or flashing three point goggles after a big shot, it doesn’t mean he’s not locked in.

It wasn't directed at you, per se. A lot of guys on HHC have been hatin' on Brice all season. I'm his biggest fan, obviously. Brice is nice. His game translates, albeit an adjustment had to occur from when he competed at Charlotte.

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

It wasn't directed at you, per se. A lot of guys on HHC have been hatin' on Brice all season. I'm his biggest fan, obviously. Brice is nice. His game translates, albeit an adjustment had to occur from when he competed at Charlotte.

Some of it was deserved. But I think most of it was derived from you can see how talented he could be. His decision making has gotten immensely better. But like last game. Has a 1 v 2 and pulls it out. You think he's gonna set it up the offense, instead he goes 1 v 3. He's as an important piece to this puzzle as any other. 

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I know it wasn’t directed at me, it just made me think about Brice and how I’ve come to understand his demeanor this year.

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

I know it wasn’t directed at me, it just made me think about Brice and how I’ve come to understand his demeanor this year.

Good to hear, he's taken a lot of flack. He's a stone-cold killer. He'll prove a lot of naysayers wrong next year. He's going to be a dominant force. Maybe he's the dude who will make the winning shot to secure that first NCAA win this year. GBR

Edited by AuroranHusker

52 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Wish I could give this more upvotes.   FWIW Brice has taken over games this season also.   He was critical tonight and has been in other games as well.   Maybe he does not play with as much outward emotion as others and I do recognize he has made some lazy passes on occasion but he has been a lockdown defender against some key opponents, a big time scorer who is probably our best player at creating his own shot which is sometimes necessary and a key rebounder at times as well.   We ask him to do a ton of things on the floor and he does them very well.  Plus I am not sure we have ever had a guy who so consistently knocks down key free throws at the end of games.   I love Keisei and Reink and Juwan is the team leader and maybe my favorite player - but Brice is absolutely critical to the success of this team as well.