2024 Portal Watch

18 hours ago, jason2486 said:

Disagree about "talentless" daughter, while she might not be for everyone, definitely not talentless. Agree with Billy Ray's lookalike 😀

She's supposedly a singer, but she has a terrible raspy voice.  So...what talents does she actually have?  

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

Another poster who was there (and had a picture to prove it) and talked to Mast says Mast told him he’ll be back and that Fred’s got a plan in the works. 

After seeing what Fred’s done with the portal and NIL the past two years, you can’t help but be super optimistic when you hear this.

Even with all the departures 

4 hours ago, huskercabby said:

Mast struggled against athletic bigs, but if he returned that would be huge. His leadership and teamwork would be hard to replace.

He'd be fine if NU had a dude like William Kyle-III next to him, they'd feed off each other... pick-and-pop or pick-and-roll, pick your poison.

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

And another note: Washut predicts Andrew Morgan to Nebraska.

FWIW Morgan is from a small town south between Minneapolis and the south Minny border.

I like to think that our Ag school is better. I also suspect our NIL is better.

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

FWIW Morgan is from a small town south between Minneapolis and the south Minny border.

I like to think that our Ag school is better. I also suspect our NIL is better.

The Minnesota mod on their 24/7 board was saying we had an influx of NIL funds and we were making some major offers.  Morgan had basically committed to Minnesota and our offer got the visit.

Feels like Morgan is a backup post and that's fine because we need backup posts.

Think we need one of Malique Ewin or William Kyle for rim protection, who both have two years.  Kyle probably has the lower ceiling, higher floor and would be the more likely one to stay two years.  Ewin probably has the lower floor and higher ceiling where you potentially might need to replace him if he goes to the NBA.

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Feels like Morgan is a backup post and that's fine because we need backup posts.

Think we need one of Malique Ewin or William Kyle for rim protection, who both have two years.  Kyle probably has the lower ceiling, higher floor and would be the more likely one to stay two years.  Ewin probably has the lower floor and higher ceiling where you potentially might need to replace him if he goes to the NBA.

Give me Kyle.  

And I agree that Morgan seems more like a role player behind Mast.  Which surprises me considering Minnesota's need now since they lost Payne

Edited by nustudent