Norm's Conference Recognition Watch List

6 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Thats not what the quote you posted advocates for at all. Both that one and the inverse are stupid. Your original quote wieghts the suffering of one over the suffering of 10. Dumb. Feel free to believe that's not what the quote implys. It has nothing todo with the ”presumption" of innocense until proven guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt"

Sure dude. Read this, you might learn something.

https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/criminal-defense/what-is-blackstone-s-formulation-in-criminal.html#:~:text=The exact quote from Sir,than that one innocent suffer.”

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

Read it. Learn that for 300 years it has been a stupid quote. 

2 hours ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Lost me when he gave a Michigan coach an award….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. How bad would've Wolverines been without Martelli? Or maybe he is worst assistant coach in the league and would've been Final 4 team without him?

I don't even know quite what to say to this other than to say I'm not going to spend time worrying about what we're not. Instead, I'm going to celebrate what we are. Because there's a lot to be happy for and we're in a lot better place as a program now than we've been in years. But go ahead and bitch about not being Purdue if that's what floats your boat.

12 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I don't even know quite what to say to this other than to say I'm not going to spend time worrying about what we're not. Instead, I'm going to celebrate what we are. Because there's a lot to be happy for and we're in a lot better place as a program now than we've been in years. But go ahead and bitch about not being Purdue if that's what floats your boat.

Incorrigible comes to mind. . . but, yeah, your response, Normy, of whatever floats your boat is apropos. Abbie's off her rocker, Nebrasketball hadn't been a 3-seed in the Big Ten era or the Big 12 era, until Freddy & Company made it happen in 2023-24.

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Incorrigible comes to mind. . . but, yeah, your response, Normy, of whatever floats your boat is apropos. Abbie's off her rocker, Nebrasketball hadn't been a 3-seed in the Big Ten era or the Big 12 era, until Freddy & Company made it happen in 2023-24.

Yeah, her commentary diminishing this season because it wasn't perfect when it's the best season we've had in YEARS and has us on a trajectory for even better things to come has the feel of her taking a poop in our punch bowl.

25 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yeah, her commentary diminishing this season because it wasn't perfect when it's the best season we've had in YEARS and has us on a trajectory for even better things to come has the feel of her taking a poop in our punch bowl.

Weird tweet by her. Yeah, pretty sure we would all rather have those things, Abbie...you think? 🙄

As for the topic at hand, I'll say Fred gets at least some part of the Coach of the Year Award (it won't be a Painter clean sweep) and we'll get one player on one of the teams. And I'm fine with all of it. We are a sum of the parts type of team and I think we should take pride in that we finished 3rd and we might get 1 player considered among the top 15 in the conference. 

2 minutes ago, GhostOfJoeMcCray said:

As for the topic at hand, I'll say Fred gets at least some part of the Coach of the Year Award (it won't be a Painter clean sweep) and we'll get one player on one of the teams. And I'm fine with all of it. We are a sum of the parts type of team and I think we should take pride in that we finished 3rd and we might get 1 player considered among the top 15 in the conference. 

And this is where I go that if the people who vote on conference awards don't think we have *players* deserving of high recognition, then our league standing DEMANDS they give some credit to our *coaches*.

BECAUSE WE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T GAIN ANY ADVANTAGE FROM THAT GREAT BIG TEN OFFICIATING!

Ooops, sorry, was that out loud?

10 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Shoot, I certainly think Sam deserves some love.  Defensive team?  Sixth man?

This is a Rivals poll. It's possible some of those guys have votes for the B1G media poll but it doesn't count for anything.