NCAA Tournament Watch

29 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

None of that is known, they're all just guessing right now....

The thing is it’s a pretty safe bet they’d put Kansas and/or Iowa State in Omaha. They are trending for 2 and 3 seeds.

Now whether they’d elect to put Nebraska in there with them is a different story, essentially removing their home court advantages if they were to play us in round 2.

32 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

None of that is known, they're all just guessing right now....

In all the projected brackets these are the seeds in Omaha. The teams, obviously who knows, but these seed lines are the ones listed for Omaha from ESPN, CBS, On3. I stopped there in my digging.

2 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

The thing is it’s a pretty safe bet they’d put Kansas and/or Iowa State in Omaha. They are trending for 2 and 3 seeds.

Now whether they’d elect to put Nebraska in there with them is a different story, essentially removing their home court advantages if they were to play us in round 2.

I agree with the notion that ISU or KU are treading that way, but there's two sides of this in that 8 teams will be in Omaha, and no one knows how that will shake out. I suppose both ISU & KU could be in Omaha, so then the idea presented could be fairly accurate, if all holds to form. I hope NU is in Omaha, I've already got tickets. GBR!

2 minutes ago, Vinny said:

In all the projected brackets these are the seeds in Omaha. The teams, obviously who knows, but these seed lines are the ones listed for Omaha from ESPN, CBS, On3. I stopped there in my digging.

Yeah, I just responded to Cookie's and it's definitely trending in that direction. Nothing's guaranteed. I'm just hoping NU finds a way to be in Omaha, it would be awesome!!

16 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

There was an article I posted last week in which the guy who leads the committee said point blank that they wouldn’t hesitate to put Nebraska in Omaha if that’s where we were seeded in the bracket.

1 minute ago, hhctony said:

The committee will do anything in their power to get a potential Hoiberg vs. Iowa State matchup (or at least get them in the same city). This is EXACTLY what they want. 

Another good possible point.  And should ISU end up a 2 seed, they could definitely justify us as a 7 seed should our SOR remain where it is.

29 minutes ago, hhctony said:

The committee will do anything in their power to get a potential Hoiberg vs. Iowa State matchup (or at least get them in the same city). This is EXACTLY what they want. 

ISU, Kansas and Nebraska all in Omaha would probably break records on the secondary market for ticket prices for any 1st/2nd round site in history.

1 hour ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

They had Auburn as a 9 seed play 2 hours from campus in Birmingham.  If we are a seed that matches up in a pod with a higher seed there is zero issue with us playing in Omaha.

Bubble Watch 2024: Brace yourself for NCAA tournament drama - ESPN

Teams from traditional one-bid conferences: 22
Locks: 26 teams
The bubble: 30 teams for 19 available spots
Should be in: 10 teams
Work to do: 20 teams

Nebraska now listed with Michigan State and Northwestern as one of the ten "should be in" teams. 

11 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Lest we become too enthusiastic about reaching the NCAA, let us not forget these names and numbers:

Western Kentucky,-8

Xavier,-5

Connecticutt,-21

Penn,-10

New Mexico State,-14

Arkansas,-9

Baylor,-14

⬆️ When the rock bottom and tournament watch thread collide.  I know we are a tortured fan base but this seems wholly unnecessary to point out to this group 🙂 

42 minutes ago, hhctony said:

Bubble Watch 2024: Brace yourself for NCAA tournament drama - ESPN

Teams from traditional one-bid conferences: 22
Locks: 26 teams
The bubble: 30 teams for 19 available spots
Should be in: 10 teams
Work to do: 20 teams

Nebraska now listed with Michigan State and Northwestern as one of the ten "should be in" teams. 

Headline from CBS — Bracketology: Losses by Michigan State, FAU lead to them falling down in latest bracket projection.

MSU is all the way down to a ninth seed now.

So we're a game ahead of them in the standings. We hold the tiebreaker having beaten them head to head. The Spartans are on a two-game home losing streak. We're on a four-game winning streak. They're 8-11 against Quads 1 and 2, and we're 7-8.

We haven't been challenged in those four games. MSU just lost at home to tOSU (6-11 in the conference).

Jerry Palm's CBS bracketology seeds for the Big Ten.

• Purdue (1) Indianapolis vs. No. 16 seed TBD
  • Illinois (4) Spokane vs. UC-Irvine
  • Wisconsin (5) Pittsburgh vs. South Florida
  • Michigan State (9) Brooklyn vs. Boise State
  • Northwestern (9) Memphis vs. Nevada
  • Nebraska (10) Salt Lake City vs. (you guessed it) BYU
    • If we win, we'd play No. 2 seed Arizona.

Edited by jayschool

28 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Lest we become too enthusiastic about reaching the NCAA, let us not forget these names and numbers:

Western Kentucky,-8

Xavier,-5

Connecticutt,-21

Penn,-10

New Mexico State,-14

Arkansas,-9

Baylor,-14

That's a good list compared to the other 100+ years where we didn't make it