Coaching Carousel 2024

18 minutes ago, tcp said:

even the coaches are getting like the pros now. 

it's gonna be spectacular when this system finally implodes. some serious overhauling ahead in collegiate sports. 

If you're not under contract you should be free to go where you want and make what you can. Unless they make the athletes employees the nil system is much better than what we had had.

5 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Remember,  Howard and Fred started the same year (I think).  Rabbit and the tortoise storyline.  Juwan started fast and Fred was extremely slow out of the gate.  Remind me, who ended up winning the race? 

I was about to mention this.

Fascinating how momentum and trending matters.

Howard: 82-67 (55%)

Hoiberg: 62-92 (40%)

2021 - Howard gets a double technical and ejected during a game vs Maryland where he yelled "I'll fucking kill you" at Mark Turgeon

2022- Howard get suspended for the last 5 games of the season after striking Wisconsin Joe Krabbenhoft in the head after a scuffle in the post game handshake line

2022-23 - Howard allegedly pulled told his son Jett during a practice that "I'll slap the shit out of you"

2023 - Howard allegedly had to be held back from fighting long time strength coach Jon Sanderson after Sanderson intervened in a confrontation between Jace Howard and a trainer

7 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

No, but he did start a global pandemic. Allegedly.

That was influenza A! My wife and I had seen them the weekend before here in Minneapolis and sat there in the stands wondering how many people in the arena had Covid and she was 36 weeks pregnant. What a weird time.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

2021 - Howard gets a double technical and ejected during a game vs Maryland where he yelled "I'll fucking kill you" at Mark Turgeon

2022- Howard get suspended for the last 5 games of the season after striking Wisconsin Joe Krabbenhoft in the head after a scuffle in the post game handshake line

2022-23 - Howard allegedly pulled told his son Jett during a practice that "I'll slap the shit out of you"

2023 - Howard allegedly had to be held back from fighting long time strength coach Jon Sanderson after Sanderson intervened in a confrontation between Jace Howard and a trainer

dude needs some anger management work. job likely too stressful for Juwan. Hopefully he gets his poop together. 

1 hour ago, busticket said:

I was hoping they would put up with one more season of Juwan since he is a Michigan man.  Kind of like us and Frost.

I knew he would tank Michigan but this was better than I could have ever hoped for.  

they're still michigan, and they'll attract top shelf talent if they're willing to go thru the process in admin. they took the easy route with Juwan...likely not going to do that twice. 

11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Wait you mean you can get in trouble for doing 2022-2023?😮

That was my best coaching technique when coaching my own boys!  Who knew?🤔