Minnesota (8-21) vs. Nebraska (16-15) Game Thread B1G Tournament

Just now, cornfed24-7 said:

FUCK that was close. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. IT HUUURTS. 

We made it close. By not taking advantage of that early lead. Should've been bigger than a 5 point lead.

We made it close by locking down our defense in the second half.

We made it close by making some careless mistakes late and couldn't take the lead.

1 minute ago, atskooc said:

You believe the conference is purposely forcing the refs to make us lose games. 

Think about that, HolyBob. 

Maybe not on purpose but they are inept as a whole.  It will really show in the tournament when we don’t get a team into the  sweet 16 because what they have called all conference long.

1 minute ago, atskooc said:

You believe the conference is purposely forcing the refs to make us lose games. 

Think about that, HolyBob. 

That's in your own head, ats. I never said the conference. I just think the refs are garbage and should lose their jobs, the referee union has too much power.

You never were so weird all these years I've known you on the board, but here we are. This is kinda out of nowhere, idk how an opinion on bad refs gets pushback especially on this board. Lol wtf 😂

2 minutes ago, NUtball said:

Just another pathetic end-of-season loss in the annals of Nebrasketball.

Gotta hold out heads high, this WASN'T on us. Missed some fts but the guys played well enough, wasn't in the cards. Some key jump shots from minn and some timely bad calls against us.

37 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

We made it close. By not taking advantage of that early lead. Should've been bigger than a 5 point lead.

We made it close by locking down our defense in the second half.

We made it close by making some careless mistakes late and couldn't take the lead.

Agreed. With as bad as we played we were lucky to even be in the position we were in. I just thought... Maybe once... Maybe the sun DOES shine on a dogs ass. But nope. We're just a cold and shady dogs ass. 

Edited by cornfed24-7

Just now, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Gotta hold out heads high, this WASN'T on us. Missed some fts but the guys played well enough, wasn't in the cards. Some key jump shots from minn and some timely bad calls against us.

We did not play well on defense.  We play anything like we had played this season, we win by double digits.  It came down to Minnesota made their open shots, and we missed ours.  Add to that, all the uncontested lay-ups and dunks for Minnesota.  

Disappointing loss but I cannot be disappointed how this team battled. We did not play well enough to win tonight and Minnesota’s size and familiarity with our matchups helped them.  They played well enough to win.

I just hate how postseason ends so quickly every year for the Huskers.  Someday, before I die, it would be fantastic to have a passionate rooting interest in the post season late into March and I don’t mean the NIT.

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

I’m not gonna lie. I barely watch college basketball anymore. Embarrassing officiating has completely sucked the life out of me. What kind of ref has such a raging hard-on to call two illegal screens in a two-point game in the final minute?

Payne was moving more on all his screens than Keisei or Lawrence were on the ones they got called for.  They were bad calls.