Minnesota (8-21) vs. Nebraska (16-15) Game Thread B1G Tournament

56 minutes ago, 49r said:

well, posting Dream Weaver in the Iowa thread seems like it worked (h/t @Cazzie22 thanks for mentioning it), so my superstitious self is gonna ride that horse until it drops:

Plus, it's just a hell of a good song so if you don't like it, tough. 😁

I love that whole album.

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Minnesota (8-21) vs. Nebraska (16-15) Game Thread B1G Tounament
3 hours ago, 49r said:

well, posting Dream Weaver in the Iowa thread seems like it worked (h/t @Cazzie22 thanks for mentioning it), so my superstitious self is gonna ride that horse until it drops:

Plus, it's just a hell of a good song so if you don't like it, tough. 😁

Went to Civic auditorium way back when to see Peter Frampton in concert.   Gary Wright was his opening act.  Once he got through Dream Weaver, he went downhill fast drawing more than a smattering of boos.

I don't remember how, but my group was right in front of the stage and speaker.  My hearing has never recovered.  I also remember seeing a lot of (ahem) female flesh that was directed to the main act.  

39 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

For those of you with a few extra bones to throw, there are some establishments that have Nebraska listed as 250-1 to win the BIG tournament.  With how well they have played and the path in front of them, it's not inconceivable to make a deep run!

+25000 seems pretty enticing considering our path too.  Minnesota, Maryland, Indiana, NW/Illinois, Purdue doesn’t exactly scream murderers row.

tOSU was like +6000 I think I saw.

1 hour ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

For those of you with a few extra bones to throw, there are some establishments that have Nebraska listed as 250-1 to win the BIG tournament.  With how well they have played and the path in front of them, it's not inconceivable to make a deep run!

just an FYI that most people don’t consider in gambling recreationally.  They get you with the eye candy of that 250-1.  It almost always ends up being better off to simply play it game by game.  Play Nebraska on money line against Gophers.  If we win play profits plus original stake in Nebraska money line second game.  Rinse and repeat all the way through and it would likely pay closer to 350-1 at the end.  

You also get the added benefit of aborting the mission at any point, or going less along the way to hedge more easily and without paying more juice and potentially funding the book with significant money to be able to make a large hedge bet.  

Edited by royalfan

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Ben Johnson went on & on today on his Radio Show singing the praises of Derrick Walker. Let’s make at run at this thing boys & see what happens. A Finals appearance MIGHT have us in the Dance! 

I like it!

Minny is Minny, we should be able to take them down.

UMD doesn't play really well away from home.

Indiana would be playing their first game and we know Teams sometimes struggle scoring in game 1.  Would, I think, be our toughest road block.

Then you likely get Illinois/Northwestern... not super intimidating.

It's a long shot, but I don't really mind our shot.

These two games are really interesting. Ohio State and Wisconsin have both underwhelmed. The team that grows a pair and actually wants to win tomorrow?  No clue.

Huskers/Gophers, like royalfan, has me somewhat on edge.  Minnesota has no reason to win, so they also can play like there's nothing to lose. Vegas, like almost always, is spot on with the spread.  I'm confident Hoiberg has found his coaching "sweet spot" when it comes to this team.  Huskers win, in regulation.  Don't need no stinking OT's.