2024 Pre-Season

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

Personally not a huge fan of giving blanket 5th years.  But I don't understand why there isn't some sort of redshirt rule in CBB like there is for the 4 games in CFB.  Would seem that there should be some sort of acceptance there.

In the proposal, they're looking to issue a similar redshirt structure to all sports that they have for football. like you said, that's needed

On 9/5/2024 at 3:45 PM, nustudent said:

Personally not a huge fan of giving blanket 5th years.  But I don't understand why there isn't some sort of redshirt rule in CBB like there is for the 4 games in CFB.  Would seem that there should be some sort of acceptance there.

Agree.  You play 1 second or 1 play in any other sport and you burn a redshirt.  I don't know what the supporting argument is/was for the football rule, but it seems patently unfair to every non-football athlete.  I also wonder if there aren't any Title IX issues for the female athletes.

6 hours ago, NUtball said:

Agree.  You play 1 second or 1 play in any other sport and you burn a redshirt.  I don't know what the supporting argument is/was for the football rule, but it seems patently unfair to every non-football athlete.  I also wonder if there aren't any Title IX issues for the female athletes.

Nobody has ever blown a year of eligibility for just one minute of playing time.... except for:

image.png

3 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Nobody has ever blown a year of eligibility for just one minute of playing time.... except for:

image.png

A kid from Gothenburg. Dude transformed himself. Tanner Borchardt. I think he had a game in his final season with 20 rebounds, as I recall. For that 2018-19 season, I think he had more offensive rebounds than defensive rebounds. By the way, he tried out for the team as a FROSH, basically left the program after that year, then was coaxed back in February of his SOPH season, and T.B. eventually made an impact on a fairly good roster overall. I loved that guy's story of resilience and persistence for the Big Red: a 6'-8" 250# power forward who wore #20. He probably deserved another season, huh?

Edited by AuroranHusker