I'm not kidding about this. This needs to be done.

We're going to be this year's Cinderella. The storyline is compelling. Do this right, and we can get the fans from every other team except the one we're playing to be Husker fans for the day.  But they'll need husker fan shirts. We could get shirts printed for 10 bucks. $100,000 buys 10,000 shirts at 10 bucks each. That would be enough to equip nearly every other team's fans.  Turn the place red.

If we don't do this, we're missing a huge opportunity. But someone needs to get on the horn with Adidas.  Someone with enough clout to give the thumbs up. Hopefully, such a someone will read this and get the gears in motion.

6 minutes ago, TourneyBound said:

I thought about making some shirts for me and my buddies to wear to the dance of some kind but just didnt know what to put on them....

Someone who has graphic art background maybe come up with a design within the next 48 hours. (I mean, it would take some time to print 10,000 shirts, so you need to get this going if it's going to happen.)

But a Keisei Tominaga t-shirt jersey would go like hotcakes. Can you imagine if Northern Iowa had printed t-shirt jerseys that said "Farokhmanesh"?

12 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

Hail Varsity had this picture but with the court background that I removed. I would pay for this T-Shirt - One in color the other black & white which would be more likely if you are printing them. White t-shirt makes the letters red?

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 3.19.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 3.20.13 PM.png

Yeah, I think we need to sell Tominaga. He's far and away the biggest drawing card that we currently have.

49 minutes ago, TourneyBound said:

I as thinking something along the line of getting our 1st tournament win or something.  Maybe like "Guiding us to that 1st Tourney win"

4 colors

image.png

1 color

image.png

You can't make up something like this and sell it on a website or anything but no one is going to stop you from getting something like this printed ad-hoc

Norm -  I think this is a great idea - but I also strongly suspect that the NCAA has some rule against what schools/teams can hand out at games (for example when you host an NCAA event like we often do in VB you can't do the kind of standard give aways that we frequently do for home games - pretty sure they don't even let our VB girls throw out the balls during player introductions that they do at every other home game). 

I am also almost certain they would have a strict permit requirement before you can sell something at the games.  I hope I am wrong about the give away part - but my expectation is that the only way to do this would be for a private person to sell the t-shirts cheaply somewhere nearby (but  outside) the arena.  

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Have Keisei Tominaga as a Moses figure leading Nebrasketball to the Promised Land. I'd buy 10!!!

What about Noah instead of Moses?  And on the right shoulder, there’s a monkey crawling over toward the chest where Keisei is on the Ark signifying that he’s led us through our storm and he’s getting “the monkey off our back”.

Ok terrible idea… but…

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Have Keisei Tominaga as a Moses figure leading Nebrasketball to the Promised Land. I'd buy 10!!!

Nice thought!  You are spot on with Nebraska being in the wilderness for 40 years.  Okay, 1986 to 2024 is only 38 years, but close enough.  The problem is, Moses didn't make it to the Promised Land.  He led the Children of Israel to the doorstep, but Joshua actually led them across the Jordan River into the Promised Land.

Now, if you want Keisei lifting up the rod and parting the Red Sea, that would be a cool tee shirt.

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Nice thought!  You are spot on with Nebraska being in the wilderness for 40 years.  Okay, 1986 to 2024 is only 38 years, but close enough.  The problem is, Moses didn't make it to the Promised Land.  He led the Children of Israel to the doorstep, but Joshua actually led them across the Jordan River into the Promised Land.

Now, if you want Keisei lifting up the rod and parting the Red Sea, that would be a cool tee shirt.

KT30 parting the Red Sea is perfect, cip. I love it!

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

What about Noah instead of Moses?  And on the right shoulder, there’s a monkey crawling over toward the chest where Keisei is on the Ark signifying that he’s led us through our storm and he’s getting “the monkey off our back”.

Ok terrible idea… but…

Anything is workable if you believe it can work. There's my platitude for the night. lol

14 hours ago, HuskerBB said:

Norm -  I think this is a great idea - but I also strongly suspect that the NCAA has some rule against what schools/teams can hand out at games (for example when you host an NCAA event like we often do in VB you can't do the kind of standard give aways that we frequently do for home games - pretty sure they don't even let our VB girls throw out the balls during player introductions that they do at every other home game). 

I am also almost certain they would have a strict permit requirement before you can sell something at the games.  I hope I am wrong about the give away part - but my expectation is that the only way to do this would be for a private person to sell the t-shirts cheaply somewhere nearby (but  outside) the arena.  

Don't sell them. Give them away for free. Maybe it wouldn't make much difference to your analysis, but you'd really earn some good will by giving them away. Want people to get behind you? Nothing better than giving them some free merch.

22 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Love it! Maybe there should be a shirt with Joshua Allick and the crumbling walls of Jericho? OR, with his hair, he could be Samson swinging a jawbone.

Edited by KZRider

5 hours ago, KZRider said:

Love it! Maybe there should be a shirt with Joshua Allick and the crumbling walls of Jericho? OR, with his hair, he could be Samson swinging a jawbone.

I'd stick with flamethrowers and three-wheelers, since it's a scene straight out of a direct Josiah Allick quote from the Wisky game, as I recall. 😁

Edited by AuroranHusker