2024 Portal Watch

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

Need to bring William Kyle home. He's gonna have a lot of offers. He is turning into an absolute monster. Same dawg mentality as Allick, but a bit taller, more explosive and a lot longer.  6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan and 40+ inch vertical. I heard that he led the country in dunks this year. Can't figure out how to verify if that's true.  Summit League DPOY, first team all-conference, conference tournament MVP. Shoots 62% from the field and is a real rim protector. Humble kid, academic all-conference. I'd take him over Omoruyi or any other big in the portal and not because he's from Omaha. 

Bart has him at #2

image.png

Kyle was south of 200 pounds as a senior at Bellevue West. Was listed at 215 pounds last year as a freshman and 230 this year. He's chiseled, looks like he still has more room to fill out and seems to be getting more athletic as time goes on. He's probably just scratched the surface of his potential with two years left to play college ball, whereas Allick was pretty much a finished product by the time he got to Lincoln as a 5th year senior. 

22 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Kyle was south of 200 pounds as a senior at Bellevue West. Was listed at 215 pounds last year as a freshman and 230 this year. He's chiseled, looks like he still has more room to fill out and seems to be getting more athletic as time goes on. He's probably just scratched the surface of his potential with two years left to play college ball, whereas Allick was pretty much a finished product by the time he got to Lincoln as a 5th year senior. 

Love the potential for W.K.-III being a beast in the Big Ten.

31 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

But is there any reason to believe he would actually choose to transfer to NU?  Did we even recruit him out of HS?  This seems like it's one of those "he's looking for a bigger opportunity than Nebraska can offer" type deals for him to me.

29 minutes ago, 49r said:

But is there any reason to believe he would actually choose to transfer to NU?  Did we even recruit him out of HS?  This seems like it's one of those "he's looking for a bigger opportunity than Nebraska can offer" type deals for him to me.

I don't know, but I guarantee you we're recruiting him this time around. We didn't recruit Sam Griesel, Rienk Mast or Juwan Gary out of high school and they all had "bigger" opportunities than Nebraska while in the transfer portal. 

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Losing Rice hurts quite a bit.  That’s a tough blow.

Meh. If he was as good as we needed him to be, he would have been in the rotation commanding minutes all season long.

We'll see what kind of offers he gets, but I'd bet he's moving down a level.

On my way too early depth chart for next year I didn't include Rice. I thought this was to be expected. Assuming Hoiberg gets what he wants in the portal I think Rice was still two years away from being in the rotation. The sky is not falling. If there is a mass exodus from our core rotation the sky might start falling. 

Just now, HuskerMB said:

Agree.  Product of todays world unfortunately.  Kid had potential too.  

Yeah. I suppose most of his warts had to do with defense and strength.   Sort of lacked quickness as well.  But shoot, he was young and growing into his body.  Which makes this one a bit tough.