Coaching Carousel 2024

9 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Not sure his hire would make Kentucky fans happy yet. If Hoiberg can have sustained success here before Bill Self retires then I would worry, but we probably would have had some great seasons if he lands that job so…

Edited by Cornhoopers

2 minutes ago, Cornhoopers said:

Not sure his hire would make Kentucky fans happy yet. If Hoiberg can have sustained success here before Bill Self retires then I would worry, but we probably would have had some great seasons if he lands that job so…

Yep, Kentucky is big game hunting. Billy Donovan makes a ton of sense. 

56 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

So, a Kentucky coaching search is triggered by a guy leaving his job to go to SMU...  By the transitive property of coaching, that means that the SMU job >>> the Kentucky job.

Sometimes being able to buy groceries is more important than money

9 hours ago, Cornhoopers said:

The real concern here is if Kentucky for some reason goes after Otzelberger, then we'll really have something to worry about...

2 hours ago, 49r said:

The real concern here is if Kentucky for some reason goes after Otzelberger, then we'll really have something to worry about...

I don't know if Pollard would take Fred back.  I suppose fan pressure may allow forgiveness. 

9 hours ago, brfrad said:

I don't know if Pollard would take Fred back.  I suppose fan pressure may allow forgiveness. 

Pollard would be drawn and quartered at midfield of Jack Trice Stadium by angry Clone fans if he didn't do whatever it took to get Fred back at ISU.

Edited by 49r

12 hours ago, Swan88 said:

People on Reddit are saying this is not a reliable source.  Not saying that Drew isn't in the mix or even that he hasn't been offered, but take this tweet for what it's worth I guess.

38 minutes ago, 49r said:

People on Reddit are saying this is not a reliable source.  Not saying that Drew isn't in the mix or even that he hasn't been offered, but take this tweet for what it's worth I guess.

No idea what happens but here is a reliable source stating the same thing

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

No idea what happens but here is a reliable source stating the same thing

Sure, but targeting a guy is a lot different animal than putting an offer on the table.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

and let me just add that Scott Drew would, IMO, be a perfect fit at Kentucky being a midwest guy and he and his dad are both legends at Valpo.

JESUS himself would be the only "perfect fit" at UK.... walks on water, championship mentality. Sacrifices for the masses.