uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 14 - Indiana

Good win.  Effort was top notch tonight.  Total team effort.  We seemed to make a good defensive change at the first under 4 timeout and then gradually started to pull away.

Shoot, Indiana is a good team.  They play physical defense and they have a couple star players and some good complimentary players.  They were 50% from three point range, played pretty well in the paint, yet we still easily closed the game out.  Wow.

I kept waiting on them to make a run...that never happened.

Indeed, good win!

Keisei going off was pretty cool.  Wilcher going off in the first half was pretty cool. 

Mast playing like a beast was pretty cool, especially for a guy that was questionable. 

Did I mention that is was a good team win!

Edited by Huskerpapa

55 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

And now we have JLaw knocking down multiple 3’s.  Gary and Mast have off nights from deep… but we’re truly a team that I’m comfortable with just about anyone shooting a 3.  Been a while…

At the beginning of the season, I figured only KT30 would have the ultimate green light. The fellas have proved to all be available for "good threes" and that is simply refreshing! I'm glad NU has multiple threats on any given night. This team is a tournament-quality squad. Let's keep it rollin'! GBR

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

Good win.  Effort was top notch tonight.  Total team effort.  We seemed to make a good defensive change at the first under 4 timeout and then gradually started to pull away.

Shoot, Indiana is a good team.  They play physical defense and they have a couple star players and some good complimentary players.  They were 50% from three point range, played pretty well in the paint, yet we still easily closed the game out.  Wow.

I kept waiting on them to make a run...that never happened.

Indeed, good win!

Keisei going off was pretty cool.  Wilcher going off in the first half was pretty cool. 

Mast playing like a beast was pretty cool, especially for a guy that was questionable. 

Did I mention that is was a good team win!

This is a total team, they have offense, they have defense, and they have "special teams" play by their heart & hustle. Love to see it! GBR

Lol...I wwnt over to their site.  This is one of the calmer comments:

"Pathetic. Embarrassing. Frustrating.

19 turnovers, dumb play after dumb play, puzzling substitutions…… this team is an absolute train wreck. Same mistakes over, and over, and over, and over."

4 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Lol...I wwnt over to their site.  This is one of the calmer comments:

"Pathetic. Embarrassing. Frustrating.

19 turnovers, dumb play after dumb play, puzzling substitutions…… this team is an absolute train wreck. Same mistakes over, and over, and over, and over."

Did they start a rock bottom thread?

14 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Lol...I wonder if they come over here and read our comments?  Doesn't matter if they do...but just curious. 

I was watching a few of their sites through the game last night.  They do in fact come over here because they posted @hhcmatt game day analysis on one of their boards.

To summarize their board last night

- They stink this year and probably won’t even make the NIT.

- We aren’t even a good team.

- Is it time to talk firing Woody!

- Too many TO’s by their seniors.

- XJ isn’t a fan favorite over there.

22 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I was watching a few of their sites through the game last night.  They do in fact come over here because they posted @hhcmatt game day analysis on one of their boards.

Was fairly confident we would win this game... Just wish I'd been more confident with my score prediction

I was watching highlights last night and I noticed something I wondered if anyone else noticed.

That time Juwan Gary got called for fouling Trey Galloway on a 3-point attempt?

I saw it, and I was like wait a sec. Slowed it down and watched it several times, and, check me if I'm wrong, but it looked to me like Galloway got away with one there.

It looked like a dramatic collision at first, but slowing it down, I see Galloway reach out with his left hand after the shot and grab Juwan around the waist as Juwan is leaping by him diagonally to the ball flight. Couldn't tell for absolute certain, but it sure looked to me like there wouldn't have been a collision at all if Galloway hadn't grabbed him.

Watch it. Tell me if I'm wrong.  Galloway got away with a lot last night. He was grabbing and holding Keisei nearly all night long and didn't pick up a foul until way late.

39 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Looked at their board..yup. However...the FB page comments seem to be a lot harsher. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Ht8hg2suBTHoUeNtZ8iq8FHX3YStTfti7hcSdoCLbWw4YKbB47YJQhXK6bTEmCzUl&id=100064330344152&mibextid=Nif5oz

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I was watching highlights last night and I noticed something I wondered if anyone else noticed.

I saw it, and I was like wait a sec. Slowed it down and watched it several times, and, check me if I'm wrong, but it looked to me like Galloway got away with one there.

It looked like a dramatic collision at first, but slowing it down, I see Galloway reach out with his left hand after the shot and grab Juwan around the waist as Juwan is leaping by him diagonally to the ball flight. Couldn't tell for absolute certain, but it sure looked to me like there wouldn't have been a collision at all if Galloway hadn't grabbed him.

Watch it. Tell me if I'm wrong.  Galloway got away with a lot last night. He was grabbing and holding Keisei nearly all night long and didn't pick up a foul until way late.

Some might call it a savvy move by a veteran player.  I noticed the clutching and grabbing also. But, you just have to play through it.

10 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I don't think it was Galloway - it was #3 I think - but you are dead on. Gary didn't initiate any of the contact. I think they missed the goal tend on Gary's shot on the next possession, if I'm remembering right.

Overall, not the greatest performance for the fellas in the stripes.

Edited by throwback

2 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

The crazy thing is that IU isn’t even that bad.  They got boat raced by a Top 25 Auburn and really good UCONN team, took KU to the wire and probably should have won that one, and lost to us (a soon to be Top 25 team… fingers crossed) by 16.  Outside of that, they’ve taken care of business and started 2-0 in the conference.  

They’ve got OSU, @Rutgers, and then Minnesota in their next three.  They could easily go 2-1 and 3-0 isn’t out of the question.  They could sit at 13-4, 5-1 with 14 conference games remaining.

Perhaps the most complete game NU has played under Hoiberg. Everyone was playing their roles, not forcing things, playing hard, fighting on the glass, playing as a unit on defense. Very impressive in a game we absolutely had to win. Everybody had a contribution and did things to help the team win, picking up their teammates. It was impressive.

I also was very impressed with our poise, something that killed us vs CU and Minny. Every time IU started to make a little run or cranked up the defensive pressure, we found a way to score or force a turnover. IU had some impressive, explosive plays last night that could've made us hesitant, but we never backed down like we did up at Minneapolis. Great to see that kind of growth.

We knew we'd have to have a big night from 3 against IU because of their lineup, and we did shoot it well from 3 at 37.5%, but even most of our misses felt like they were in rhythm and were good looking shots that had a chance to go in. Could've been a much higher percentage. A lot to like about the way we ran our offense last night. Looked very smooth.

If we can duplicate that effort in most games the rest of the way, we won't be sweating anything on Selection Sunday around here.

A solid win with contributions from numerous players. You know it's bad night for refs when Pfeiffer does best job. Oglesby appeared to have words with fan courtside on north end during time out after one of his horrific calls. Things seemed to get heated but he and Kimble were laughing with fan after little bit.

21 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

FB post comments are always brutal regardless of the team.  You'll have a hard time finding a team that doesn't want to fire its coach, if the litmus test is facebook.