2018 F Ed Chang (Papillion-LaVista)

AuroranHusker

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/papillion-la-vista-s-ed-chang-transferring-two-time-all/article_27dad3de-82df-11e7-818f-7350a3e86af5.html

Transferring to a Seattle school for his senior year

Does this make Brady the Nebraska class of 2018 #1 now?

Good question.

• 2 months later...

Assumed that after the Roberts commit that put them way over the limit for scholarships, that Ed may be. a victim of some house cleaning by Hopkins and Co. If he isn't qualified he might have to take after his boy Aguek Arop and head to a prep. But over everything else YOU GOTTA GO TO CLASS

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Ron Powell
@ronpowell_ljs

Former Papillion-La Vista Super-State basketball player is no longer committed to Washington and is re-opening the recruiting process. #nebpreps 

He seemed like the odd man out up there and not being able to play basketball this winter had to hurt.

13 minutes ago, Section_316 said:

I think Chang would start for us next year with his length and shooting ability-- Im afraid the ship has sailed however?

Saw Oklahoma State offered him his morning

Oh my.  You must have watched a different guy.  Now, he may start because the University abandoned the basketball program and we don't have any players left, but that doesnt' mean he's legit.  

4 minutes ago, HB said:

Oh my.  You must have watched a different guy.  Now, he may start because the University abandoned the basketball program and we don't have any players left, but that doesnt' mean he's legit.  

Yeah, Nana has length and shooting and he didn't see the court. I think Chang is a good player but if he was good enough to start this year for us Washington wouldn't have over recruited and told him there is no spot for him.

We have open spots. The Jays just got an open spot. I don't think there is any interest from either program for the kid that at one point was known as the best prospect coming out of Nebraska in 2018.  That says something.  Instead of wanting to get into the muck I'd say I hope he finds the right school and he's successful.

2 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

He seemed like the odd man out up there and not being able to play basketball this winter had to hurt.

Sad deal.  Could have stayed at Papio and had a great year playing class A ball in Nebraska, instead wasted a year and possible scholarship offers.  The Prep school thing is getting out of control.  There are a few that are legit and try to help kids but many are corrupt, self centered "schools" that use young kids to make money off them.