uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 34- Texas A&M

We scored enough points to win nearly any other game in the tourney. So there's that...

But man, we almost gave up a century!

And that I cannot, cannot suffer. SHooting like that all game isn't luck. It's a fundamnetla flaw in how a team is playing on D. I said in the threa,d that I can't make anyjudgements about anything for the game until I see some helpfully placed videos. But when I'm reading stuff like "no one's going after balls on the ground" and some other posts in-game that implied we weren't busting our rumps the way we need to to win, I start getting crotchety. It really seems like this team stopped playing hard as soon as they loicked up the bid by pounding Indiana. 

There were several comments, even in that video, focusing on just the fact of the bid. Then I see comments by two coaches about complacency and remining players the season isn't over....who the hell says that to a team fired up by being in the Dance? 

I'm sure I'll see and read more about the effort put forth....and if it turns out these dudes were just satisfied already and "happy to be there", then I'm gonna be pissy for a bit. You play in my schools colors, I expect you to play hard. ESPECIALLY when it's in the frigging Tourney!

1 hour ago, nuhusker7 said:

I love this team, I love Keisei, I love Jo, and I even love boogie. Everyone found their role on this team, everyone bought in, and the team was awesome to watch.

We ran into an absolute buzz saw tonight against Tamu. We didn’t play great defense by any means, but they came and shot out of their minds in the first half. At that point we didn’t have a chance.

GBR always

Boogie was so engaged on that sideline tonight. Very impressed by him and could tell he wanted to win as bad as the next guy

1 hour ago, brfrad said:

One team looked like they returned 6 players from an NCAA tournament team that got beat by a Big 10 team.

The other team looked like they had 1 player with little tournament experience.   If we can make it again, I like our chances next year.  Especially,  if we get Brice, Mast, CJ, Sam, Gary, and Lawrence back.

I left the arena optimistic, both Keisei and Josiah were crying in the last minutes. They cared. Just talked with J-Law and I can certainly tell that he freakin' cares.

I know the Hoibergs will bring this program much success, they're committed to making it happen. Need a guard like A&M had in spades, tbh. Tough way to give up 98 in back-to-back game after being relatively good defensively most of the season. There were prior occasions when they weren't, named Minny the 1st time & the CU game, of course. GBR Always.

13 minutes ago, tcp said:

We scored enough points to win nearly any other game in the tourney. So there's that...

But man, we almost gave up a century!

And that I cannot, cannot suffer. SHooting like that all game isn't luck. It's a fundamnetla flaw in how a team is playing on D. I said in the threa,d that I can't make anyjudgements about anything for the game until I see some helpfully placed videos. But when I'm reading stuff like "no one's going after balls on the ground" and some other posts in-game that implied we weren't busting our rumps the way we need to to win, I start getting crotchety. It really seems like this team stopped playing hard as soon as they loicked up the bid by pounding Indiana. 

There were several comments, even in that video, focusing on just the fact of the bid. Then I see comments by two coaches about complacency and remining players the season isn't over....who the hell says that to a team fired up by being in the Dance? 

I'm sure I'll see and read more about the effort put forth....and if it turns out these dudes were just satisfied already and "happy to be there", then I'm gonna be pissy for a bit. You play in my schools colors, I expect you to play hard. ESPECIALLY when it's in the frigging Tourney!

I was at the game and didn’t see this at all. Effort was not the reason we lost. Allick was all over the place. I think we just went into the game trying to keep them from driving which left open the 3 ball and our coaches and players sure as heck weren’t planning on them draining 3s like they did. Just a tough night. Had no answers. 

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Ugh as a die hard Indians fan....I feel like it's never coming. That WS broke my heart and I feel the same way tonight. IDK, trying to find a silver lining but can't. I am proud of this team, but feels like no matter what we will always run into a buzzsaw.  

Hopefully, one day, we will be the buzzsaw!

2 hours ago, TourneyBound said:

I was at the game and didn’t see this at all. Effort was not the reason we lost. Allick was all over the place. I think we just went into the game trying to keep them from driving which left open the 3 ball and our coaches and players sure as heck weren’t planning on them draining 3s like they did. Just a tough night. Had no answers. 

thanks. much appreciated

I said in the game thread that the team quit.  That wasn't the case.  The effort was there.  I think we had a game plan to start to let them chuck up 3's.  Once they started hitting.  We had no answer.  If we got up on them, they would drive by us.  If we backed off them, they would nail 30 footers.

We needed the Texas A&M team who lost to Vandy.  And, the Nebraska team who beat Purdue.  Instead we got the Texas A&M team who beat Iowa State.  And, the Nebraska team who lost to Creighton. 

2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Someone at the game said it seemed like Juwan was saying his goodbyes to staff and teammates when he was subbed out the last time. Would be a bummer. I’m hoping the majority of our core comes back. Especially him.

I saw a quick glimpse of that on TV and wondered the same thing.

Tough game to watch, but the season wasn't a failure.  The casual fan will say it was, but we had a lot of good things happen this year.  We just got a bad draw (can probably thank Trev for that) and ran into a team that was way more athletic than us and of course shot lights out when they normally don't.  I just hope it doesn't take 10 more years to get back to this point.

To me, we need to get more athletic and get an actual rim protector, maybe that is Diop if he stays around, but I'd like to see us get a proven one out of the portal if we can, to pair with Mast.  Not sure we can count on Blaise to stay healthy either.

It would also be nice to see us incorporate a change of pace defense that we actually use next year when things start going sideways, like a 1-3-1 or a 3-2 or even apply a 2-2-1, 3 quarters court pressure when we can.  Just my opinion though.

Good season overall and hopefully we can keep most of the core around and add pieces we need to make another run next year.  GBR!

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Someone at the game said it seemed like Juwan was saying his goodbyes to staff and teammates when he was subbed out the last time. Would be a bummer. I’m hoping the majority of our core comes back. Especially him.

Around the 0:50 second mark Gary says something like, “we’ll be back here next year.”

Edited by BjoeHusker

2 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

He says “we’LL be back next year I’m telling you dog!” 

Also Sam hits the wall with his hand off camera and Keisei showing the raw emotion. This video was cool to see but reminds us these guys are hurting. Big time.

Keisei's emotions is the worst for me. I feel for all of them, but when I see him it's like a stab through the heart. 

I said in the game thread that the team quit.  That wasn't the case.  The effort was there.  I think we had a game plan to start to let them chuck up 3's.  Once they started hitting.  We had no answer.  If we got up on them, they would drive by us.  If we backed off them, they would nail 30 footers.

We needed the Texas A&M team who lost to Vandy.  And, the Nebraska team who beat Purdue.  Instead we got the Texas A&M team who beat Iowa State.  And, the Nebraska team who lost to Creighton. 

Yep, our game plan could have worked out, but it didn't. Tomorrow, they'll throw up bricks....

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

A&M was just at their peak best, not much else to say.

And all I gotta say is welcome to the party if you're new as a husker fan. This kind of pain is NOTHING, lol. We were forged in tougher stuff than this. As much as it hurts, we will bounce back. Love what Fred said post-game. My biggest concern is bouncing back and keeping the momentum immediately; I want to hit the portal, build a strong roster and continue the tournament streak. That's the name of the game here in NE. super proud of how amazing our fans are and how we took over Memphis from everything we saw. If we'd won that game, that 70-80% husker crowd would've goen NUTS.

Oh well.

GBR forever, very proud of this team. Heartbreaking. This is the emotions of March, this is why you gotta make it every year!!

Omaha was so much fun. Might make it to regionals in Omaha every year if they hold them. It felt like cws, which us guys in my family already have the tradition of making the pilgrimage for every year. It was awesome.

59 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

He says “we’LL be back next year I’m telling you dog!” 

Also Sam hits the wall with his hand off camera and Keisei showing the raw emotion. This video was cool to see but reminds us these guys are hurting. Big time.

Appreciate the translation.  Young ears are good.  I could have played that back 50 times and not picked up what was said.