2024 NCAA Tourney

11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Not even in the Rothstein Top 45.  Yeesh.

I wouldn't look too much into this.

Rothstein is making his rankings based off who could come back.

For example, I find it hard to believe that Alexander and Kalkbrenner will be back for Creighton. 

Nebraska will be on this list by then of the transfer portal cycle especially if Mast comes back. 

Edited by AGHANSEN

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Clingan was the difference maker in the game.  He guarded Edey straight up which eliminated the open 3's Purdue got all season with teams having to double Edey.

Yep, Clingan is their MVP. He has been such a dominant force on the defensive end, in particular.

19 minutes ago, AGHANSEN said:

I wouldn't look too much into this.

Rothstein is making his rankings based off who could come back.

For example, I find it hard to believe that Alexander and Kalkbrenner will be back for Creighton. 

Nebraska will be on this list by then of the transfer portal cycle especially if Mast comes back. 

Trey & Kalk wouldn't be back, would they? I think CU is in a spot where they could re-load or they could be really bad...

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Trey & Kalk wouldn't be back, would they? I think CU is in a spot where they could re-load or they could be really bad...

I thought Kalkbrenner had already said he'd be back. Alexander's draft stock keeps slipping little by little the older and older he gets. This is a very weak draft class overall so he could still go late first round. He should leave. 

8 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I thought Kalkbrenner had already said he'd be back. Alexander's draft stock keeps slipping little by little the older and older he gets. This is a very weak draft class overall so he could still go late first round. He should leave. 

I guess I hadn't paid enough attention... I think Trey can probably play in the NBA eventually, he may not want to toil in the G-League... so maybe they'll be better with those "2 back" than otherwise thought.

22 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Their board saying Kalk most likely not back. Pry NBA. Even potential to transfer to a blue blood for his last year and get a $3-$4 million type bag for one year like Dickinson. 

14 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Their board saying Kalk most likely not back. Pry NBA. Even potential to transfer to a blue blood for his last year and get a $3-$4 million type bag for one year like Dickinson. 

Interesting. If Ashworth and Miller are all they have back out of that starting lineup they could be in trouble. 

1 hour ago, OmahaHusker said:

I hope Kalk is gone. My opinion is he’s the sole reason they were able to make the jump from 1st weekend team to final 4 contender. 7’2, elite defensively, skilled offensively. Maybe 2 other teams have one of those unicorns and they played last night. I want him gone. 

20 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I hope Kalk is gone. My opinion is he’s the sole reason they were able to make the jump from 1st weekend team to final 4 contender. 7’2, elite defensively, skilled offensively. Maybe 2 other teams have one of those unicorns and they played last night. I want him gone. 

Not too mention, what more does a guy like him have to prove, at least at Creighton?  Sure, there is the money part of staying around, but he is a 3-time Big East Defensive Player of the Year.  I also don't think his offensive production will jump much higher at Creighton either considering the type of offense they play.  To me, you are just risking injury at this point by staying at Creighton.

25 minutes ago, HuskerMB said:

Not too mention, what more does a guy like him have to prove, at least at Creighton?  Sure, there is the money part of staying around, but he is a 3-time Big East Defensive Player of the Year.  I also don't think his offensive production will jump much higher at Creighton either considering the type of offense they play.  To me, you are just risking injury at this point by staying at Creighton.

McDermott has a pretty stellar record of getting guys to stick around the program even when it's against their best interest to do so though.  He has ruined more than one pro career in a selfish effort to further his program.

Anybody remember Justin Patton?  Yeah, me neither.  I had to look him up to remember his name.

19 minutes ago, 49r said:

McDermott has a pretty stellar record of getting guys to stick around the program even when it's against their best interest to do so though.  He has ruined more than one pro career in a selfish effort to further his program.

Anybody remember Justin Patton?  Yeah, me neither.  I had to look him up to remember his name.

Who stayed when they should have gone? Patton played one year there. 

20 minutes ago, 49r said:

McDermott has a pretty stellar record of getting guys to stick around the PLANTATION even when it's against their best interest to do so though.  He has ruined more than one pro career in a selfish effort to further his program.

FIFY 😉

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

He redshirted.  In the 1+done era.  As a (borderline) 5*.

That was criminal.

You think him playing his freshman year instead of redshirting he would've gotten drafted higher than 16th? Did you see him playing for North? He would've gotten eaten alive without gaining at least a little strength and stamina. 

3 hours ago, 49r said:

Except Justin Patton is the opposite of your argument, so that didn't even make any sense...yes, he redshirted but only played 1 yr. He got paid as the 16th NBA selection, then bounced from team to team with nary a threat at NBA PT. It was a career ruined, but yeah, he got money by being a 1st rd. pick...

Edited by AuroranHusker

19 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Except Justin Patton is the opposite of your argument, so that didn't even make any sense...yes, he redshirted but only played 1 yr. He got paid as the 16th NBA selection, then bounced from team to team with nary a threat at NBA PT. It was a career ruined, but yeah, he got money by being a 1st rd. pick...

You’re right, but I will not defend Greg McDermott under any circumstances. Hated him ever since he congratulated Grant Gibbs for kicking Petteway in the nuts. 49r still gets my upvote 

Just now, millerhusker said:

You’re right, but I will not defend Greg McDermott under any circumstances. Hated him ever since he congratulated Grant Gibbs for kicking Petteway in the nuts. 49r still gets my upvote 

Oh, I agree with that supposition.... can't stand McDumass.