Poaching through the Portal: Pick One

9 minutes ago, Vinny said:

He’s averaging over 17 a game, making more than 50% of his shots, and seems not to foul a lot. Has 13 games of more than 20 points, including 24 against Iowa, so not an outlier against us. For his size you’d like to see a little stronger rebounding numbers, but overall his numbers are similar to Allick with better scoring, and less rebounding. I think there could definitely be a role for him on a P5 roster. 

Only shooting over 50% on two-point attempts... just an FYI.

47 minutes ago, Vinny said:

He’s averaging over 17 a game, making more than 50% of his shots, and seems not to foul a lot. Has 13 games of more than 20 points, including 24 against Iowa, so not an outlier against us. For his size you’d like to see a little stronger rebounding numbers, but overall his numbers are similar to Allick with better scoring, and less rebounding. I think there could definitely be a role for him on a P5 roster. 

Appears he could be a volume guy though. 

I thought I remembered him being pretty efficient against us.  Turns out he was 2/5 (40%) on threes and 7-16 (43%) on FGs so similar shooting numbers.  He also had 8 boards an assist, steal, and block in our game.

I’m going to break the rules and name two juniors that I would love to have.

1 would be Julian Reese from Maryland. 6’9”, 230 pounds, physical, athletic, and active. Averaging about 15 and 10 this season, a consistent double double guy. Could compliment Reink’s skill set, and Mast isn’t an elite rebounder by any means, Julian is.

2, And I’d like some input from those who know his game better than I do, but how about our backyard and getting Frankie Fidler?? 
6’7”, 210, his season averages have gone from 12.8ppg frosh, 14.7ppg soph, and now 19.8ppg jr year. I think he’s a good shooter and could perhaps be a Griesel type player, though I do t think their games are identical.  I’ve heard some on the board say they’d take him…

@basketballjones what say you?? 

32 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’m going to break the rules and name two juniors that I would love to have.

1 would be Julian Reese from Maryland. 6’9”, 230 pounds, physical, athletic, and active. Averaging about 15 and 10 this season, a consistent double double guy. Could compliment Reink’s skill set, and Mast isn’t an elite rebounder by any means, Julian is.

2, And I’d like some input from those who know his game better than I do, but how about our backyard and getting Frankie Fidler?? 
6’7”, 210, his season averages have gone from 12.8ppg frosh, 14.7ppg soph, and now 19.8ppg jr year. I think he’s a good shooter and could perhaps be a Griesel type player, though I do t think their games are identical.  I’ve heard some on the board say they’d take him…

@basketballjones what say you?? 

I'd take both in a heartbeat. 👍

Two players I noticed from our non-conf schedule back in December that I thought might be good transfer prospects were Max Jones (Jr) of Cal State Fullerton and Jared Frey (So) from Stoney Brook. I posted on them after those games.  Well it turns out they played about their best games of the season against us.  Jones had 30 pts and Frey looked like solid all around player with a good looking shot.  Here are their stats for the year:

Jones: 15.3 pts, 3 reb, 2 asst, 38% FG, 33% from 3, 79% FT (volume shooter, not great 3pt shot)

Frey: 6.5 pts, 2.4 reb, 2 asst,  39% FG, 37% from 3, 78% FT (came off the bench later in year)

Long story short, I don't have a very good eye for spotting future talent.

I am pretty impartial to will tschetter personally. Has 2 years remaining after this year. Plays super super hard, can shoot, and slide between the 4 or 5, which is a position they'll be looking to fill with allick leaving (combo big). A lot depends on what happens with Howard and how tschetter plays in these last few games with their starting 4 down and him getting the starts. 

A distributing lead guard is another hole, and there's going to be guards enter aplenty, just need to have the right fit without losing the defense mentality that has been established.

3 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

I am pretty impartial to will tschetter personally. Has 2 years remaining after this year. Plays super super hard, can shoot, and slide between the 4 or 5, which is a position they'll be looking to fill with allick leaving (combo big). A lot depends on what happens with Howard and how tschetter plays in these last few games with their starting 4 down and him getting the starts. 

Plus our student section has had plenty of practice cheering for him so I think he’d be a perfect fit!