Games Of Note/Bubble Watch 2024

17 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

UCLA beats Colorado!  Good!

Now we probably need UCLA to lose one or two soon.  Lol.  Didn’t think I’d be saying that 2-3 weeks ago.

Yes, a great result there.  UCLA is a looong ways from the bubble.  For some perspective, they are 109th in NET, which is only 5 spots higher than dreadful Michigan.  They are also 0-6 in Q1.  They will most likely need to win the Pac2 tournament to get in.

8 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Yes, a great result there.  UCLA is a looong ways from the bubble.  For some perspective, they are 109th in NET, which is only 5 spots higher than dreadful Michigan.  They are also 0-6 in Q1.  They will most likely need to win the Pac2 tournament to get in.

You’re correct, they’re a long way from the bubble.  I was being a bit sarcastic with that comment.

25 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

So Utah loses to USC— worse than CU losing to UCLA.

Im not sure who, if any, is going to join Arizona in the PAC 12 lol

Washington State is the only other that’s relatively safely in if the tourney started today. But they’re far from a lock still.

The Pac-12 tourney won’t be much different from the WCC, A-10, and AAC this year lol. Only one, maybe two teams to pull for.

15 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Washington State is the only other that’s relatively safely in if the tourney started today. But they’re far from a lock still.

The Pac-12 tourney won’t be much different from the WCC, A-10, and AAC this year lol. Only one, maybe two teams to pull for.

I could seriously see the Pac 12 being a 2 bid league.  I think at least one team takes advantage of the situation and puts themselves in position for a bid.  Whether that's WSU, Utah, or mayyyybe CU, we shall see.

What we absolutely don't need is a team like UCLA steamrolling through the tourney and grabbing a bid.

Results (2/15/24): Overall a decent night.  Bubble teams now become HUGE FAU fans in conference tourney time.  I firmly believe that Memphis now has to win the conference tournament.  They do have to play FAU twice, so we probably need FAU to win one of those.  Northwestern's loss helps us as we're just one game back now of the double bye!  Would be so sweet to grab that.  The Pac 12 is down... no seriously.  I think that might end up a 2 bid league the way things are going.  I'm, for the time being, going to count the WCC as a 2 bid league.  I think St. Mary's is pretty much a lock pending a total disaster and Zaga needs to lose one or two here before I go back to considering that 1 bid.

• Big 10 Games
    • Northwestern 60 @ Rutgers 63
    • Minnesota 76 @ Purdue 84
  • Non-Con Opponents Games
    • Hampton 73 @ Stonybrook 93
    • Lindenwood 63 @ SIUE 91
    • North Dakota 92 @ Denver 78
    • UC Riverside 81 @ Fullerton 73
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Temple 68 @ FAU 80
    • Memphis 66 @ North Texas 76
    • Colorado 60 @ UCLA 64
    • Gonzaga 91 @ LMU 74
    • Utah Tech 61 @ Grand Canyon 73
    • Cal 65 @ Wash St 84
    • Pepperdine 59 @ St Mary’s 103
    • Utah 64 @ USC 68

Games To Watch (2/15/24): A pretty light slate tonight.  A Villanova win doesn't do much while a loss would likely be one of the first nails in the coffin.  Princeton isn't particularly close to the bubble, but they are still talked about a bit, so I wouldn't mind them grabbing another L.  Biggest game of the night is in the MWC.  New Mexico could use another L as they are still somewhat in bubble territory.  SDSU isn't particularly close to the bubble, so I'm ok with them grabbing another W.  What we absolutely don't want is New Mexico grabbing a HUGE road win.

• Big 10 Games
    • NONE
    • Mt St Mary's @ Rider
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Villanova @ Georgetown
    • Brown @ Princeton
    • New Mexico @ SDSU

Results (2/15/24): Will update NM later but wanted to get a jump start on Saturday’s slate.

• Big 10 Games
    • NONE
    • Mt St Mary's 57 @ Rider 61
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Villanova 70 @ Georgetown 54
    • Brown 63 @ Princeton 72
    • New Mexico @ SDSU

Games To Watch (2/16/24): Its still a big bubble. Some teams marked are a long ways away from the bubble on either side but would still be nice for them to lose.  It'll be a huge early window for us as all bubble teams have away games.  Our non-con foes can do us a solid by winning tomorrow in a few games as they are playing bubble teams.  Biggest game of the day in Lincoln.  Rest of the games don’t matter as long as we continue winning.

• Big 10 Games
    • Penn St @ Nebraska
    • Wisconsin @ Iowa
    • Illinois @ Maryland
    • Michigan St @ Michigan
    • TCU @ Kansas State
    •  Creighton @ Butler
    • St Joes @ Duquesne
    • Stoney Brook @ Monmouth
    • SC St @ Norfolk St
    • Lindenwood @ Eastern Illinois
    • Fl A&M @ Jackson St
    • Fullerton @ UC San Diego
    • North Dakota @ Oral Roberts
    • Oregon @ Oregon St
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Texas A&M @ Alabama
    • Wake Forest @ Virginia
    • Texas @ Houston
    • Florida @ Georgia 
    • Arkansas @ Miss St
    • Cincinnati @ UCF
    • Syracuse @ GA Tech
    • Utah St @ Colorado St
    • Stanford @ Wash St
    • Louisville @ Pitt
    • Indiana St @ Southern Ill
    • Fresno St @ Boise St
    • DePaul @ Providence
    • NC St @ Clemson
    • Cal @ Washington
    • Yale @ Princeton
    • Ca Baptist @ Grand Canyon
    • Missouri @ Ole Miss
    • Pacific @ Gonzaga
    •  Colorado @ USC
    • Nevada @ UNLV

17 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Ugh TCU buzzer beater at KSU was a double whammy. 

What a tough shot. He seemed more focused on drawing a foul than actually making it. Bummer. Good news is K-State didn’t even move down in KenPom.

Overall a great morning for us though. Wake loses, Butler and A&M get smoked. And of course, our clobbering.

1 hour ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

What a tough shot. He seemed more focused on drawing a foul than actually making it. Bummer. Good news is K-State didn’t even move down in KenPom.

Overall a great morning for us though. Wake loses, Butler and A&M get smoked. And of course, our clobbering.

Didn’t see this before I posted.

9 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I absolutely love what all you guys do on this thread!  You do all the work I'm too lazy to do.  You, do, however, realize your work is in vain.  The Huskers aren't losing another regular season game and will get to the finals of the B1G Tourney.  🙂

Only get to the finals? 

16 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I absolutely love what all you guys do on this thread!  You do all the work I'm too lazy to do.  You, do, however, realize your work is in vain.  The Huskers aren't losing another regular season game and will get to the finals of the B1G Tourney.  🙂

Honestly, the longer we go into the season, the more this thread is feeling like it’s moot!  We control our own destiny.  We don’t “need” to follow other bubble teams just yet and should we do what we need to, we won’t have to.