Braxton Meah is N

23 minutes ago, 49r said:

This is Rich King erasure and I will not stand for it.

I remember how excited everyone was when Rich King committed to NU. We were all dancing in the streets (exaggeration alert for those who weren't born yet)!

22 minutes ago, huskercabby said:

Jorge Diaz was the last dominant 7 footer we’ve had. He would run circles around this Meah guy.

Jorge wasn’t 7 foot either.  Looking back we have had very few 7 footers who weren’t stiffs.  We have had some good bigs over my lifetime but they were all in the 6’9” to 6’11” range.  King was probably the last one and I never felt he was dominant even though he was a first round pick.  

All that said, I don’t expect Meah to be dominant either.  But a big who can block some shots and throw down some love would be most welcome.

16 minutes ago, busticket said:

Jorge wasn’t 7 foot either.  Looking back we have had very few 7 footers who weren’t stiffs.  We have had some good bigs over my lifetime but they were all in the 6’9” to 6’11” range.  King was probably the last one and I never felt he was dominant even though he was a first round pick.  

All that said, I don’t expect Meah to be dominant either.  But a big who can block some shots and throw down some love would be most welcome.

247 Sports list him at 7’0” in their prospect info. Though on the same page they list him at 6’11” under Athletic Background. I guess we can both be right.

45 minutes ago, huskercabby said:
1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

The softest dunker I've ever seen. Good memories.

Did he dunk at all? I don’t remember any rim rocking going on with him.

When he went up for a dunk, he would fluff a pillow and then tuck the ball into bed before laying the ball into the net.

Jorge Brian Diaz is an interesting comparison to Braxton Meah.

• Braxton can dunk in many different ways (e.g., from finishing the break with a flush to a backward dunk from a standing jump)--
    • Jorge could dunk . . . barely
  • Jorge could score in many different ways--
    • Braxton is limited beyond the dunk;
  •  Braxton is very athletic for a seven footer--
    • Jorge . . . not so much 
  • Jorge had a long professional career (though much derided as a poor-man's poor man during his Husker days)--
    • Braxton . . . remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, huskercabby said:

Did he dunk at all? I don’t remember any rim rocking going on with him.

Me neither.  Jorge had a great post move that other players had a hack of a time stopping when he got to his spot.  If I remember right he had some foot issues which limited him here which was too bad.  I like him and Standhardinger when Doc would actually have them on the court together.

Quote from Hoiberg

“Braxton gives us a different dimension for our system with his skill set and athleticism,” Hoiberg said. “He puts a lot of pressure on defenses with his ability to get to the rim and finish around the basket. Defensively, he’s led Washington in blocked shots each of the past two years and was on the Pac-12 all-defensive team in 2022-23. He has the size and length to be an effective rim protector.”

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

Jorge Brian Diaz is an interesting comparison to Braxton Meah.

• Braxton can dunk in many different ways (e.g., from finishing the break with a flush to a backward dunk from a standing jump)--
    • Jorge could dunk . . . barely
  • Jorge could score in many different ways--
    • Braxton is limited beyond the dunk;
  •  Braxton is very athletic for a seven footer--
    • Jorge . . . not so much 
  • Jorge had a long professional career (though much derided as a poor-man's poor man during his Husker days)--
    • Braxton . . . remains to be seen.

He had bad feet. He always played in pain and the being explosive on the dunk hurt like hell when he landed so not that many dunks. Incredibly skilled player who had a long and productive pro career. still playing in the top Puerto Rico league today at 34. 

3 hours ago, HB said:

I don't know if this signing constitutes tea leaves, but regardless, I would not hold out hope that Rienk is playing next season.  

If this is true, then we still have a lot of work to do in the portal.