uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 25 - Michigan

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Wonder if we were more focused in this one considering Michigan’s win against Wisconsin.

Yeah, I'd say that's likely only part of it. No need to take their foot off the pedal from here on out, very little margin for error all things considered. I believe they know that winning "BIG" is just as important as winning, usually. They have to keep their metrics as good as can be. All gas - no brakes. GBR

Things are. Not great in Michigan. 

now, when the portal exodus inevitably happens, one guy I'd target hard (outside of dug) would be will tschuetter, stats below. Big fan of his game. Think he just does a lot of things right and impacts winning. Can play between the 4/5 and could fill the role allick filled this year (before him Wilhelm, before him lat mayen, before him Cross). 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/will-tschetter-1.html

20 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

now, when the portal exodus inevitably happens, one guy I'd target hard (outside of dug) would be will tschuetter, stats below. Big fan of his game. Think he just does a lot of things right and impacts winning. Can play between the 4/5 and could fill the role allick filled this year (before him Wilhelm, before him lat mayen, before him Cross)

On 2/11/2024 at 5:11 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah, this was cool until they cheered for the three pointer...

Student section out there playing 8 dimensional chess

On 2/11/2024 at 5:11 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah, this was cool until they cheered for the three pointer...

I thought the same thing... I was, like, all right, that's enough. UM cut the lead to 13. But, then, NU ballooned the lead again after that. So, yeah, it's a weird flex to think his name sounded like 'shitter' when it's cheddar. Any-who.

2 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

If there’s one big man in the league I’d take in a heartbeat, it’s Maryland’s Julian Reese. 6’9”, 230 pounds, could get you 15 and 10 and give a great inside presence. One could only wish. 

Yeah, I can't stand when NU plays MD, because that one dude punishes us with no mercy. He'd be a big get, but I figured he'd go to the NBA before hitting the portal, but you never know any more...

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Criminal what we did to Moe.

Yes and no.  Had Hoppen not been injured, Moe would been just fine.  The egg carton thing, his style of offense and his presence on the court didn't make him very popular with anyone.

One could argue it was criminal what he did to Bill Jackman.

Edited by cipsucks

2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Sure, Fred & I would definitely take 25+ wins, right about now. Let's do this, Big Red. GBR

Did a little digging on E.O. Stiehm since he won THREE conference titles and tacked on an .800 winning percentage. dude also coached our football team for those 5 years and compiled a 35-2-3 record. I mean this guy was a absolute dawg in the coaching world. So now I ask this (because im bored during the bye week), would you guys rather have Fred coach both football and basketball or have Matt Rhule coach both? 🤣

27 minutes ago, huskerkid21 said:

Did a little digging on E.O. Stiehm since he won THREE conference titles and tacked on an .800 winning percentage. dude also coached our football team for those 5 years and compiled a 35-2-3 record. I mean this guy was a absolute dawg in the coaching world. So now I ask this (because im bored during the bye week), would you guys rather have Fred coach both football and basketball or have Matt Rhule coach both? 🤣

Gene Keady played football in college at Kansas State and then coached the Purdue basketball team to a Hall of Fame career. I'd say if you can coach, you can coach. 

1. Have a workable system;

2. Fill a roster to fit the system; and

3. Educate and motivate the roster to execute the system.

37 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Gene Keady played football in college at Kansas State and then coached the Purdue basketball team to a Hall of Fame career. I'd say if you can coach, you can coach. 

1. Have a workable system;

2. Fill a roster to fit the system; and

3. Educate and motivate the roster to execute the system.

One of many small town Kansas natives to leave a huge mark on the game of basketball 

3 hours ago, huskerkid21 said:

All Jumbo Stiehm did was win.

Just a little history:

Jumbo Stiehm could be called the father of Husker football. His "Stiehm Rollers" dominated the Missouri Valley conference in the 19teens and won 34 straight games at one point. A rabid fan base is born from that kind of dominance. Bob Devaney didn't invent Husker football, he resurrected it.

I think he also won Nebraska's only unshared conference basketball title, maybe in about 1915.

"Unshared" isn't the right word, but I haven't finished my coffee.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I just wasn't sure how you'd know Cook was a damn good high school football coach and wondered if maybe you'd played some pickup games with him.

Because he has told that story a few times including in a speech he gave to the football team last fall. It was included in the behind the scenes videos they put out.

Still not sure how playing pick up with him comes into play but you do you.