NCAA Tournament Watch

15 minutes ago, OurDecay said:

We are such a scouting problem.

Season High Point Totals:

Reink Mast: 34 (has scored 20+ 4 times)
Keisei Tominaga: 31 (has scored 20+ 5 times)
Brice Williams: 25 (has scored 20+ 2 times)
Juwan Gary: 22 (has scored 20+ 3 times)
CJ Wilcher: 22
Jamarques Lawrence: 19
Josiah Allick: 16
Eli Rice: 16
Sam Hoiberg: 15

Nebraska has had 23 games in which a double figure scorer is off the bench. That's an incredible stat.

9 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Only down one spot in KenPom. A blowout would’ve been nice but thankful that they at least won.

We’ll see how this affects them mentally going forward. Even after pulling it off that could’ve damaged some psyches. Hopefully not!

Stayed at 73 which is good.  They finish with the below.  Would be nice if they could win the Cincinnati game as that would probably cement them barring any blowout losses.

@Cincinnati, @Kansas, Iowa State

Edited by hskr4life

This morning Joe has us, Northwestern and Michigan State all on the 9-line. That said, I am not sure Joe's bracket passes the bracketing rules as it would have us meeting Illinois in the Sweet 16. Was always my understanding that one of the bracketing rules was that unless a conference had more than 8 teams in the field, they would not meet until a regional final. He also has Texas and Kansas in the same pod (2 vs 10) and I don't think the committee would that either. This could have changed, however. 

Almost looks like he is not even trying. 

NCAA Bracketology: 2024 March Madness men's field predictions (espn.com)

Edited by hhctony

4 minutes ago, hhctony said:

This morning Joe has us, Northwestern and Michigan State all on the 9-line. That said, I am not sure Joe's bracket passes the bracketing rules as it would have us meeting Illinois in the Sweet 16. Was always my understanding that one of the bracketing rules was that unless a conference had more than 8 teams in the field, they would not meet until a regional final. He also has Texas and Kansas in the same pod (2 vs 10) and I don't think the committee would that either. This could have changed, however. 

Almost looks like he is not even trying. 

NCAA Bracketology: 2024 March Madness men's field predictions (espn.com)

I'd take anyone but Houston in the second round. Worst possible matchup for us imo. 

Just now, AGHANSEN said:

The question now is would you rather be 8/9 or a 10 seed ?

I think I would rather be a 10 seed since we would be playing a 2 seed instead of 1 in the second round.

Or, we could play a 15 seed due to the number of 15 vs. 2 seed upsets in recent years.

Hold up— we talking about 2nd round… which means we won the first game.  I don’t think at that point we can complain lol.

but if you want a 2 seed… why not pencil in us at the 7?  Win these next three and one in the BTT and I think we’d have a great shot at a 7.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Hold up— we talking about 2nd round… which means we won the first game.  I don’t think at that point we can complain lol.

but if you want a 2 seed… why not pencil in us at the 7?  Win these next three and one in the BTT and I think we’d have a great shot at a 7.

This is a much better discussion than many off-seasons in recent times... I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch. Savor every victory, then rinse & repeat. GBR

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Boise is a fascinating one...

0-4 vs. Power 6 teams

But 5-5 in Q1 (all Mountain West opponents)

2 Q2 losses, 1 Q3 losses. #31 NET (10 positions ahead of Nebraska).

The dream scenario is to get matched up with a Mountain West team. I think it’s pretty clearly an overrated conference. Give me Boise, CSU, Nevada, or New Mexico any day. Maybe not Utah State or SDSU.

Just now, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

The dream scenario is to get matched up with a Mountain West team. I think it’s pretty clearly an overrated conference. Give me Boise, CSU, Nevada, or New Mexico any day. Maybe not Utah State or SDSU.

Based on very loose searches, it seems some people think the Mountain West is a 6-bid conference. And I have a very hard time believing that.

Running through team sheets of teams around us in the bracket matrix averages.

Honestly believe if the season ended today, we’d be closer to a 7 seed than 10 seed.  Our metrics are right up there with the 7-8 seeds.  Our resume metrics are very good.  26.5 average between KPI and SOR.

So I think we’re safely in where things stand now.  I know a lot of brackets still have us as a 11 or 10 seed, but just looking at teams around us, a 7 is probably closer to accurate as of today.

FWIW, I think we’d lock at least into Dayton with a win tonight.  Not a bracketologist, have no committee inside info, but just kind of looking at other teams and what they still would need to do… what we’ve already done… and our metric numbers, I think we’d lock in tonight should we win.

Q1 opportunity on tap!  Should be a good one!

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

FWIW, I think we’d lock at least into Dayton with a win tonight.  Not a bracketologist, have no committee inside info, but just kind of looking at other teams and what they still would need to do… what we’ve already done… and our metric numbers, I think we’d lock in tonight should we win.

I could see a worst case scenario where a win tonight combined with losing out gets us left out. We’d add a Q3 loss to Rutgers, and if our B1G tourney loss was also Q3 (outside top 100 NET), it could be dicey.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

A win tonight and we are in and not in Dayton.  The rest of the bubble is taking some very bad losses or missing out on key opportunities (New Mexico, Seton Hall, Butler, Ole Miss, etc).  The only caveat I'll put on this is if we somehow were to absolutely get boat raced by Rutgers and Michigan to where it really tanks our result based metrics.  When New Mexico lost to Air Force, they dropped 12 spots in SOR to I think 59.  That is very bubbly and possibly on the outside looking in.  We're around 26 in SOR and unless we end up in the mid-upper 40's or higher, there really isn't much need to worry at this point if we win tonight.

As another reference point, Colorado, who is right on the cut line in most brackets has a SOR of 52 and only 1 Quad 1 win.  Their NET is good because they haven't been boat raced in their losses and have several blow out wins but they've basically beaten a bunch of bad, average and slightly above average teams.  If they are right at the cut line, that tells me we are a long way from being back on the bubble.