Coaching Carousel 2024

56 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

JESUS himself would be the only "perfect fit" at UK.... walks on water, championship mentality. Sacrifices for the masses.

I'm thinking the Buddha could work:

1. The Holy One

2. Fully Enlightened

3. Endowed with Clear Vision and Virtuous Conduct

4. Sublime

5. The Knower of Worlds

6. The Incomparable Leader of Men to be Tamed

7. The Teacher of Gods and Men

8. Enlightened

9. Blessed

Wait. That might be John Wooden.

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

I'm thinking the Buddha could work:

1. The Holy One

2. Fully Enlightened

3. Endowed with Clear Vision and Virtuous Conduct

4. Sublime

5. The Knower of Worlds

6. The Incomparable Leader of Men to be Tamed

7. The Teacher of Gods and Men

8. Enlightened

9. Blessed

Wait. That might be John Wooden.

Yes, always yes. Wooden's my hoops coaching icon!! A true LEGEND!!

I may have his last personally-noted & autographed biography when he signed it at 99!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

Kentucky's a pressure cooker from hell. You'd have to be a glutton for punishment to take that gig. With the NIL basically turning college onto a farm system for the pros, the name on the front of the jersey is going to mean increasingly less. The programs that firgure out how to raise money and spend it efficiently are going to be the new bluebloods...

1 minute ago, tcp said:

The programs that firgure out how to raise money and spend it efficiently are going to be the new bluebloods...

The key to success is to recruit the older (worse) brother all to lure the significantly better younger brother.

Or, just take the arbitrage approach with international players. They can't participate in NIL under the current laws.

9 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Everyone is turning down the Kentucky job. Jay Wright, Billy Donovan, Scott Drew, Nate Oats, Danny Hurley. Hopefully they end up hiring Brad Underwood. Bruce Pearl is probably the only one left with the personality to be able to deal with that circus. 

My Greg Gard prediction still has hope...

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

And to think this whole dang thing started when SMU fired their coach.  

SMU hired from USC, USC from Arky, Arky from Kentucky.

Such a strange spin on the 'ol carousel this time.  Usually the schools hire in descending levels of prestige, but this time it was ascending.  It's been a fun ride for sure with lots of intrigue and drama!

2 minutes ago, 49r said:

Such a strange spin on the 'ol carousel this time.  Usually the schools hire in descending levels of prestige, but this time it was ascending.  It's been a fun ride for sure with lots of intrigue and drama!

And where does it stop?  BYU got that Big 12 prestige now so they’ll probably try and go big.

23 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Everyone is turning down the Kentucky job. Jay Wright, Billy Donovan, Scott Drew, Nate Oats, Danny Hurley. Hopefully they end up hiring Brad Underwood. Bruce Pearl is probably the only one left with the personality to be able to deal with that circus. 

This reminds me of the Steve Pederson coaching hire.  I remember some people talking about how nobody big would take the Nebraska job.  Kentucky is going through pretty much the same thing.  

On 4/11/2024 at 7:06 PM, tcp said:

Kentucky's a pressure cooker from hell. You'd have to be a glutton for punishment to take that gig. With the NIL basically turning college onto a farm system for the pros, the name on the front of the jersey is going to mean increasingly less. The programs that firgure out how to raise money and spend it efficiently are going to be the new bluebloods...

Hope for Nebrasketball is palpable. Perhaps NU will surpass UK, even. What a wonderful world, not unlike UK football surpassing NU football in the Mark Stoops' era. Who would have guessed that one ahead of time... not too many. Wow.

10 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Hope for Nebrasketball is palpable. Perhaps NU will surpass UK, even. What a wonderful world, not unlike UK football surpassing NU football in the Mark Stoops' era. Who would have guessed that one ahead of time... not too many. Wow.

gott in himmel....it's the plot for Freaky Friday.....