Xavier Johnson isn't N

Navin R. Johnson

On 4/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, HuskerFever said:

It depends how you look at it.

"Right now it's a tie between a team who just got a new coach with great coaching experience, has made it to the Big Dance 13 times in the 2000s, and is part of a strong basketball tradition... or a school that has a coach who he's not sure whether he's gone within the next 2 years or not, has made it to the Big Dance 2 times in the 200s, and is part of a mediocre basketball tradition but has the ability to create or be part of building that tradition."

It might be a harder choice than some people initially think.

Based on the video he released, this seems to be the main decision point.

• hhcmatt changed the title to Xavier Johnson isn't N
  • 5 years later...
2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

How's that any different than all the things Brad Davidson always got away with?

Did Davidson ever get ejected? 

I don't have my groin hit library in front of me but Xavier Johnson punches up. It's one thing where maybe it was an accident but that's flagrant 2 for sure.

image.png

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't have my groin hit library in front of me but Xavier Johnson punches up. It's one thing where maybe it was an accident but that's flagrant 2 for sure.

image.png

I don't know that Davison ever got ejected, but I recall watching video where he clocked guys in the nuts and probably should have been.

Three things about Xavier Johnson:

1. Watching it at regular speed, I could see how when Xavier turns to chase the ball handler, that his right hand could inadvertently wind up where you show it in that still image;

2. The Rutgers guy was clearly GRABBING XJ's hand and trying to hold it between his legs; and

3. The Rutgers guy then delivers a forearm shiver to XJ and knocks him to the floor but then shoots FTs. Why wasn't the Rutgers guy ejected? Retaliation isn't fair game.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

image.png

Oh no!  Brings back painful memories of a Senior nailing me in my Sophomore year in practice. Ouch!  On a serious note, we don’t that type of character representing our State University.

15 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I don't know that Davison ever got ejected, but I recall watching video where he clocked guys in the nuts and probably should have been.

Three things about Xavier Johnson:

1. Watching it at regular speed, I could see how when Xavier turns to chase the ball handler, that his right hand could inadvertently wind up where you show it in that still image;

2. The Rutgers guy was clearly GRABBING XJ's hand and trying to hold it between his legs; and

3. The Rutgers guy then delivers a forearm shiver to XJ and knocks him to the floor but then shoots FTs. Why wasn't the Rutgers guy ejected? Retaliation isn't fair game.

IIRC, I saw Xavier Johnson do something very similar last year or the year before, against Ohio State I believe, where he nuttted someone from behind and tried to make it look unintentional.

7 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

IIRC, I saw Xavier Johnson do something very similar last year or the year before, against Ohio State I believe, where he nuttted someone from behind and tried to make it look unintentional.

He's getting into sexual assault territory if that's the case. What's the line from Ian Fleming? Once is happenstance?

Yeah, three times is intentional. So he has one strike left AFAIC.

16 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

image.png

One flagrant for each testicle.

20 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Oh no!  Brings back painful memories of a Senior nailing me in my Sophomore year in practice. Ouch!  On a serious note, we don’t that type of character representing our State University.

While in high school I got kicked in the nuts during a football practice. We were doing crabs and I was standing behind a guy that thought I was someone else. And got the full thrust of the leg. I didn't finish practice. 

When I was a little punk, I was driving my bike through the big kids while they were trying to shoot hoops in my driveway.  One of them got pissed and grabs the bar at the back of my bike ( connected to the back of my banana seat ) and jerks it backwards.  My body and junk flied forward and rams into the gooseneck….wowsers, believe it or not…years later, got married and had children.