In state kids?

Section_316

12 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I was standing in line for the Millard North / Millard West semifinal a couple years ago, and I was right in front of his mom.  So, I had to ask the obvious question, had St. Thomas reached out to Saint Thomas?  The answer was no.

They're just being coy...playing it cool because they don't want to be seen to be the ones initiating the COOLEST SCHOOL/PLAYER NAME COMBO IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING EVER

Jadin Johnson (Millard North) is leaving Old Dominion after two seasons including a redshirt year and is currently going through the process of narrowing down schools from a list of Portland State, Northern Colorado, South Dakota, Colgate, Boston University, Longwood, Pennsylvania, Hampton and two junior colleges (Indian Hills and Blinn). 

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Dude... I just don't get it. He jumps out on film. There must be some other stuff going on there, but I'm not going to speculate. 

Highlight film doesn't really tell you what a player actually is. You really have to watch full game tape/watch in person, which would have shown all the things that have held Lök back at the high-major level.

39 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Highlight film doesn't really tell you what a player actually is. You really have to watch full game tape/watch in person, which would have shown all the things that have held Lök back at the high-major level.

I've never seen him play, in person or tv. I'm aware of highlight film not being the best tool. I'm just saying, he seems to have certain tools that are shown in those highlights that make you wonder what the missing piece is. Would love to hear your evaluation? What are the missing pieces? 

Edited by basketballjones

22 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

I concede highlight film isn't perfect. But there is much you can learn from it. For instance, I can get a pretty good impression of how athletic a guy is by watching his highlight videos. I can get a pretty good impression of how skilled he is. Or isn't.

Just as an example, before he even started his freshman year  in college, I said Mac McClung was overlooked as a HS kid. That Rivals just missed on him. I said he should have been at least a 4-star. Maybe even top 50. That was based on just highlight videos from high school.

Here he is in the NBA.

On 4/10/2023 at 12:21 PM, basketballjones said:

I've never seen him play, in person or tv. I'm aware of highlight film not being the best tool. I'm just saying, he seems to have certain tools that are shown in those highlights that make you wonder what the missing piece is. Would love to hear your evaluation? What are the missing pieces? 

First time I saw him play was when he was an 8th grader playing up, I believe. Definitely caught my interest. Watched him play all the way through high school, both during the winter and the summer.

Not strong enough and doesn't really have the mindset to play as a big, not skilled enough to player on the perimeter like he wants to. Jump shot still hasn't really developed after four years in college and he's not a strong finisher either. The length is intriguing and he's definitely put some impressive plays on tape when he's had space against lower level opponents, but it's not really something that translates to a play-to-play basis against good teams beyond putting up 21 and 10 against Nebraska-level high school competition. 

7 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I concede highlight film isn't perfect. But there is much you can learn from it. For instance, I can get a pretty good impression of how athletic a guy is by watching his highlight videos. I can get a pretty good impression of how skilled he is. Or isn't.

Just as an example, before he even started his freshman year  in college, I said Mac McClung was overlooked as a HS kid. That Rivals just missed on him. I said he should have been at least a 4-star. Maybe even top 50. That was based on just highlight videos from high school.

Here he is in the NBA.

I very much remember you talking about this guy his FR year.  Well done!!

• 2 weeks later...