The Official Media Thread

15 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

You need to add the 100's of support staff that are not ticketed, but are present at the game.  LPD, security, ushers, media, concessions and so forth.

Interesting thought but not sure those employees would or should count just because they are in the building.  They are not there as a paid fan attending the game and don't have a seat assignment.  

6 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

Make the NIT worth something...winner gets a spot in the Sweet 16

No clue how to make it work.  But some sort of losers' bracket concept.

Promotion/Relegation.

Final four teams in the NIT get promoted into the NCAA tournament next season. The bottom four teams in the NCAA tournament get relegated to the NIT the next season 

41 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

Make the NIT worth something...winner gets a spot in the Sweet 16

No clue how to make it work.  But some sort of losers' bracket concept.

Here’s a proposal that would maybe satisfy the “ don’t expand the dance b/c it will water it down” crowd ( which is most ? ).  Why not have your top 48 in.  Then have an NIT type field of 64. Play 2 rounds and get that to 16 and seed those with the 48 into your 64 field.  Ideally eliminate any other tournaments.  Ideally you go out of your way to include solid mid majors as apposed to just loading more major conference teams in ( some certainly)…. I think this would be super cool. Change can be good !

3 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Eliminate the NIT and CBI and put 128 teams in the NCAA tournament.  It would only add one more round. 

I’d be totally on board with this. I do like the idea however of some having byes and some sort of play down at the start.  128 would too radical for some.  How about top 32 and then another 64 play down to 32 and reseed into final 64 ?

Seed all D1 teams into pods of 4 teams.  Top team in each pod is host team two games and I think after one week you would have the top 64 teams. If an odd number give bye or byes to top team..

Reseed teams after that week.  Also get rid of post season conference tournaments.  Most are poorly attended this would truly allow for some Cinderella to be found

22 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Seed all D1 teams into pods of 4 teams.  Top team in each pod is host team two games and I think after one week you would have the top 64 teams. If an odd number give bye or byes to top team..

Reseed teams after that week.  Also get rid of post season conference tournaments.  Most are poorly attended this would truly allow for some Cinderella to be found

Too radical of a change for the masses and it would play somewhat into HuskerFever’s fear of making the regular season more meaningless.  But as I reread and think about it….hmmm.  

2 hours ago, lang said:

Too radical of a change for the masses and it would play somewhat into HuskerFever’s fear of making the regular season more meaningless.  But as I reread and think about it….hmmm.  

That is why it just might work😉

and it would make 5he regular season more important as you would be playing for home field advantage to play the last two games of the year to get into the big dance.

no more snubs or teams on the bubble.  Win and you’re in. Also last team to win it all would be only team to win their last game of each year.😳

Edited by Silverbacked1

On 3/12/2024 at 8:42 AM, Chuck Taylor said:

Me every other season: "Man, that Katz dude is terrible, just bends whichever way the wind blows."

Me this year: "Man, that Katz dude knows his stuff."

Is that the truth?! Just saw your comment, and I have thought that no fewer than 12 times this season.... I used to hate that dude, but suddenly he's in love with Nebrasketball. Well, it's because Nebrasketball is a legit team, now, lol.