uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 16 - Purdue

18 hours ago, 49r said:

I'm still pissed they let SC State back into that game.  We would legitimately be KP low 30's right now if that game had ended the way it needed to.

Looking at the Kenpom summary, the biggest hit following a win appears to be the drop we took after only beating North Dakota by 8. We actually improved after the 29-point drubbing of SCSU.

okay I knew CJ was having himself a solid year but holy crap I didn't know his shooting splits were 65/44/90!!!!!

what the hell man if he keeps that up he is easily 6th man of the year (dont know if they even do that award in college but he deserves it so far!) and this is coming from a guy who really was not a CJ fan the past couple of years. dude deserves the most recognition out of anyone on this team

cj.PNG

2 hours ago, huskerkid21 said:

okay I knew CJ was having himself a solid year but holy crap I didn't know his shooting splits were 65/44/90!!!!!

what the hell man if he keeps that up he is easily 6th man of the year (dont know if they even do that award in college but he deserves it so far!) and this is coming from a guy who really was not a CJ fan the past couple of years. dude deserves the most recognition out of anyone on this team

cj.PNG

He reminds me of Vinnie Johnson in that the bench turned out to be the miracle cure for his career. Some dudes just have that magic coming off the bench that they don'thave when they start. Johnson used to claim that it was his ability to see how a game unfolded and study the defense for a bit that allowed him to show up and light up an opponent in limited minutes. Maybe this is CJs thing, too?

Edit: Btw, Vinnie's nickname was "The Microwave". Maybe CJ needs something in that vein for himself? The Human Heat Mitten? heh heh

Edited by tcp

31 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

A buddy of mine told me he watched the Purdue game live on youtube.  Assuming that's someone streaming live on their own, but is that a normal thing for our games?  I'd rather watch that then subscribe to Peacock just for the next 2 months

Would assume that’s illegal and could probably be shut down at any time.  Definitely willing to pay $6 to not have the feed pulled right when Purdue cuts it to two lol!

41 minutes ago, tcp said:

He reminds me of Vinnie Johnson in that the bench turned out to be the miracle cure for his career. Some dudes just have that magic coming off the bench that they don'thave when they start. Johnson used to claim that it was his ability to see how a game unfolded and study the defense for a bit that allowed him to show up and light up an opponent in limited minutes. Maybe this is CJs thing, too?

Edit: Btw, Vinnie's nickname was "The Microwave". Maybe CJ needs something in that vein for himself? The Human Heat Mitten? heh heh

Vinnie's brother was a Husker. Wasn't his first name Eric? Played during the Nee years?

IIRC, Eric Johnson played on Danny’s 2nd & 3rd teams.  So he would have played with Henry T ( who was on Danny’s first two teams ) one year.  Eric did not score 30 in his debut.  That would have been the first 2 games of his Sr year.  He would have played with Ray Richardson ( who Danny said had a Cadillac body with a VW engine->he was right on that ( smile )-> I loved Ray though ).  Harvey Marshall was a Sr on Moe’s last team ( that made the tourney).  Btw Handy, Handy Johnson was on the team that beat #1 Mizzou ( much talked about game the other night).  Henry T ( Sr year) went off in the defeat of Danny and Miracles that year ( think he had 26).  Beau hit the winning shot.  And Vinnie Johnson was so fun to watch at the end of his career as the microwave on those Pistons teams.  Think I’ve covered it all there in kind of a hodge podge of misc ( and I don’t even drink)….anybody catch anything factually untrue there ? 

7 hours ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

A buddy of mine told me he watched the Purdue game live on youtube.  Assuming that's someone streaming live on their own, but is that a normal thing for our games?  I'd rather watch that then subscribe to Peacock just for the next 2 months

I've been able to watch a few games on a youtube app when I don't have the particular  streaming service which is carrying the game.  Most of the time, you can watch for a half and then the channel blocks the rest of the broadcast.  I can usually find another channel to watch the rest.  The channels typically have a name that seems to originate from the Far East.  Not sure how they get around copyrights to do it.  As mentioned, it's got to be illegal, but I'm not very worried about someone coming after me.  I'm not broadcasting it.

I was able to watch the entire Purdoo game except for the last 3 seconds.

Edited by NUtball

7 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Would assume that’s illegal and could probably be shut down at any time.  Definitely willing to pay $6 to not have the feed pulled right when Purdue cuts it to two lol!

Agreed! There is tons of good content on Peacock, and $6 is dirt cheap for a streaming service. I don't get all the negativity. The broadcasts and video quality are nice as well!

EJ’s Sr year, first 2 games …..vs Creighton at home ( w) and Michigan State (L) home.  Almost positive back to back 30 pt games for him.  I remember thinking wow, he’s going to have a fantastic Sr year.  He settled in to a solid year…not quite the level of those games.

Speaking of EJ’s Sr year.  If I remember correct, we had to rally in that first game with Creighton, pretty exciting game.  A freshman by the name of Eric Dolezal ( sp? ) got some pt in that first game and had a big block on a jump shot from the top of the key.  He was a very good athlete- about 6’3”.  Had played center on his high school team I believe.  Transferred after that season….in the 4th game of that same year, we played San Jose State in the championship game of the Ameritas Classic.  They had a fella on their team by the name of….Tony Farmer.  He transferred to Nebraska the next season and sat out per transfer rules.  But he was ready to roll in 90-91 as a starter on Danny’s big breakout team ( we went 26-8 and were a 3 seed in the dance).