Miles is retained what does the team look like

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

I don’t distrust him.   Frost wasn’t the stone cold lock people here want to believe.   Sure we had the inside track, but we still had to avoid screwing it up

He was about as much of a lock as we could've had. Unless Pederson or Eichorst were still AD that is.

How much worse than 5-15 does it get? 3-17? Next year will probably suck but let’s not act like if we keep Miles, next year will be some magical year - we had all the talent in the world coming back and we won 5 conf games this season. I get people don’t like Moos but the fact is, he has over seen more basketball success than our program has ever seen. So just like I gave Miles a chance, I’m gonna give Moos a chance.

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

How much worse than 5-15 does it get? 3-17? Next year will probably suck but let’s not act like if we keep Miles, next year will be some magical year - we had all the talent in the world coming back and we won 5 conf games this season. I get people don’t like Moos but the fact is, he has over seen more basketball success than our program has ever seen. So just like I gave Miles a chance, I’m gonna give Moos a chance.

Six. We won today, but your point is solid.

45 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

We’re you around for the 10 win Danny Nee season? Richard Van Polgeist? Bill Johnson... trust me there’s worse 

Basnett has a great article with some quotes from Jon Crispin. (link)

"It's hard to say what a program should do year-in and year-out, Crispin said Saturday. Because to have expectations of success, a consistent identity has to be established."

I believe this is so true.  No matter what happens I hope we can find that identity, recruit to it, and build a program.  Not just for a good season every four or five years.  I'm getting too old for these rebuilds.

I'd be for retaining Miles if we got assurances that he explained to Moos what our identity is going to be going forward.  Same goes for a new coach, lets do it a certain way and become better at it than anyone in the country.

Having a couple of solid C's on the roster wouldn't hurt the process either, a'hem. ?

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

Theres going to be turnover here regardless.   And maybe we are slightly better next year with Miles, because he keeps Green. Maybe.    This change isn’t about winning 13 games instead of 10 next year 

Listened to a segment of Sharp & Benning this past week.  Sharp made it sound like keeping Jervay Green would be tough regardless of coach. I would not be surprised if he doesn't ask out of his LOI.  Apparently, Tad Boyle and Colorado are in the picture.

6 minutes ago, 36red said:

Listened to a segment of Sharp & Benning this past week.  Sharp made it sound like keeping Jervay Green would be tough regardless of coach. I would not be surprised if he doesn't ask out of his LOI.  Apparently, Tad Boyle and Colorado are in the picture.

You just cited Gary Sharp as a reference for Husker basketball, so you're info can't be too credible. That guy is not a Husker fan, nor is he an insider.  He probably has Derrin's ear, sure.  But he would never offer a positive opinion or outlook for Huskers.  Just sayin'

26 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Sorry Montana, Washington St doesn’t instill a lot of faith.

Two NCAA tournaments in 6 years at Montana. Oregon had no NCAA success and they went to 2 elite 8s during his tenure. WSU was rough but they also are in the middle of no where and get less fans than a lot of D2 schools. I get being skeptical but we gotta give him a chance. With some of the names out there, if we get the right guy we can become a tournament team year in and out.

5 minutes ago, 89Husker said:

You just cited Gary Sharp as a reference for Husker basketball, so you're info can't be too credible. That guy is not a Husker fan, nor is he an insider.  He probably has Derrin's ear, sure.  But he would never offer a positive opinion or outlook for Huskers.  Just sayin'

Gary Sharp is as connected as anyone locally. 

I am on the highest of highs right now after today.  But we also have to look at this objectively.    We’re still 16-15 and needed a comeback of epic proportions not to be 15-16.  Whatever your barometer for keeping Tim was before today, it needs to be the same after today.

For me, it was Dance or die this year.  I’m still at that point.

5 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Gary Sharp is as connected as anyone locally. 

I would hope he is, with as much knowledge as he drops during his show.  But even so, if true, how does that contradict anything that I said?  Sure, maybe it is just Miles he hates, but over the years, when he talks Nebrasketball, it is only to poor-mouth them or take a dig.  And never a positive outlook, even with local guys Heiman and Arop. So, for him to try to dismiss Green on his radio show, not a shock at all.

1 minute ago, 89Husker said:

I would hope he is, with as much knowledge as he drops during his show.  But even so, if true, how does that contradict anything that I said?  Sure, maybe it is just Miles he hates, but over the years, when he talks Nebrasketball, it is only to poor-mouth them or take a dig.  And never a positive outlook, even with local guys Heiman and Arop. So, for him to try to dismiss Green on his radio show, not a shock at all.

To be fair, the results haven’t warranted a lot of glowing compliments