Nebraska Bubble Watch

Donkey

26 minutes ago, MichHusker said:

Most rediculous opinion by so called “experts” out there right now. We are talking about a P5 at large team that if they lose their first game end then season under .500

Yeah, hard to imagine Tejas, i.e., University of Northern Mexico, is in at 16-16, but in a thin bubble year, it could happen.

• Great NET at 37
  • Only 9 Q1+Q2 wins
  • Good 5 Q1 wins and 2 of those away from home
  • A few really good elite wins, neutral site vs UNC, home vs Kansas, at K-State, home vs Purdue

Better resume than St Johns and the blue team up the road, I'll give them that

5 minutes ago, throwback said:

Yeah, hard to imagine Tejas, i.e., University of Northern Mexico, is in at 16-16, but in a thin bubble year, it could happen.

• Great NET at 37
  • Only 9 Q1+Q2 wins
  • Good 5 Q1 wins and 2 of those away from home
  • A few really good elite wins, neutral site vs UNC, home vs Kansas, at K-State, home vs Purdue

Better resume than St Johns and the blue team up the road, I'll give them that

A few not so good losses. Radford and providence at home, okie state and Georgia on the road. Hopefully they are enough to hold them out. Too bad only one of those was Q3

Edited by MichHusker

Just now, MichHusker said:

A few not so good losses. Radford and providence at home, okie state and Georgia on the road. Hopefully they are enough to hold them out

Agreed, but the committee doesn't care about bad losses. Maybe they use it to split hairs between a couple of teams at the end, but it's always far more about who you beat than who beat you.

That's probably been about the only constant from year to year and over the different committee makeups over the past couple of decades.

Indiana in a very similar place to Tejas. Will be interesting to see how those two get treated.

3 hours ago, MilesDavis said:

New year, same shit. Last year remember all the BTN analysts said we had to beat Michigan (AGAIN) to get in despite our great record and 4th place finish. Were they right? Sure. However they are the damn conference network and the talking heads did us no favors. 

Yeah that was ridiculous last year.  

I didn't have the heart to watch any other college hoops after NU's run ended.... I did happen to notice on twitter that Seton Hall is playing for the Big East title after knocking off a reeling Marquette squad. Amazing to think NU smacked S.H. 80-57 early on this season. And smashed C.U. 94-75 as well. That Maryland triumph by sticking it to Bruno is another I'll recall fondly. The NCAA bubble burst today, but I am proud to be a Husker no matter what happens from here on out. GBR Always!

10 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I didn't have the heart to watch any other college hoops after NU's run ended.... I did happen to notice on twitter that Seton Hall is playing for the Big East title after knocking off a reeling Marquette squad. Amazing to think NU smacked S.H. 80-57 early on this season. And smashed C.U. 94-75 as well. That Maryland triumph by sticking it to Bruno is another I'll recall fondly. The NCAA bubble burst today, but I am proud to be a Husker no matter what happens from here on out. GBR Always!

The top of the Little East would be circling the drain of the B1G this season.  They should be a 1-2 bid league.  Same with the PAC 12.  Horrible basketball in both conferences this year.  

I was curious how our team's resume stacked up to the sad Pac-12 resumes this season and it really put some things into perspective. I'm really curious to see how things shake up by Sunday evening.

Pac-12 games thru Friday vs. NU's resume on Selection Sunday:

Washington / Oregon / ASU / NU '18

Record: 26-7 / 22-12 / 22-10 / 22-10

NET: 40 / 56 / 63 / 56

KPI: 28 / 54 / 33 / 64

SOR: 29 / 67 / 54 / 35

BPI: 46 / 42 / 59 / 63

POM: 47 / 49 / 61 / 57

SAG: 49 / 39 / 52 / 58

Q1: 2-4 / 2-5 / 3-3 / 1-6

Q2: 8-2 / 4-4 / 8-3 / 2-3

Q3: 9-1 / 8-2 / 5-2 / 9-1

Q4: 7-0 / 8-1 / 6-2 / 10-0

8 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I was curious how our team's resume stacked up to the sad Pac-12 resumes this season and it really put some things into perspective. I'm really curious to see how things shake up by Sunday evening.

Their resumes are better.

9 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm assuming that is last season's RPI score for NU, I'd imagine the NET ranking applied to 2017-18 Nebrasketball would be better than 56th. Man, that lone Q1 win sure sucked the life outta NU's chances of making that Big Dance. I firmly believe the Huskers would've won a game (or 2) and the talk of Miles being 'out' would be bunk, at this very moment. The basketball bounces certainly don't go the Cornhuskers' way, much if at all.

51 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'm assuming that is last season's RPI score for NU, I'd imagine the NET ranking applied to 2017-18 Nebrasketball would be better than 56th. Man, that lone Q1 win sure sucked the life outta NU's chances of making that Big Dance. I firmly believe the Huskers would've won a game (or 2) and the talk of Miles being 'out' would be bunk, at this very moment. The basketball bounces certainly don't go the Cornhuskers' way, much if at all.

Yeah, it's kind of crazy to think that from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018, we played like a #4/#5 seed. Went 23-8. Undefeated at home. Crushed the national-runner up by 20. Routed the blue team up the road by 19. Beat the Big East tourney runner-up by 23. Won at Clemson. Won at Wisconsin.

But we're going to miss the NCAA tourney on either side of that stretch. We will be a mid-level-seed NIT team on both sides instead.

It's almost too improbable to even fathom something like that happening to any team in the country.

The b-ball gods sure don't like us much.

Edited by throwback

43 minutes ago, throwback said:

Yeah, it's kind of crazy to think that from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018, we played like a #4/#5 seed. Went 23-8. Undefeated at home. Crushed the national-runner up by 20. Routed the blue team up the road by 19. Beat the Big East tourney runner-up by 23. Won at Clemson. Won at Wisconsin.

But we're going to miss the NCAA tourney on either side of that stretch. We will be a mid-level-seed NIT team on both sides instead.

It's almost too improbable to even fathom something like that happening to any team in the country.

The b-ball gods sure don't like us much.

Good call out. For the 2018 calendar year, we were #12 on Bart Torvik including #15 in Wins Above Bubble. So definitely a 4 seed.

But in the 2017-2018 season, prior to 2018: #94.

And in the 2018-2019 season, after 2018: #61.