2017 SG - Thorir Thorbjarnarson - LOI

swoof

Hmmmm. Intriguing his physical attributes look good and he can fill up a stat line in a lot of different ways. (Check out those steal numbers). It does look like he can disappear in games and might struggle adjusting to the level of competition, kinda like Tai did early on. But the kid has got some swagger in his game. Plus how fun would it be to hear Kent call some of his dunks?!?

I'm hoping he becomes the best Icelandic athlete since Gunnar Stahl.

Edited by rwhiston

Hmm very interested, that lefty stroke is smooth, plus Icelandic basketball sounds like it's burgeoning, they have a big man that some are thinking could go pro next year. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20149591/how-tryggvi-hlinason-went-7-foot-farmer-iceland-rare-nba-prospect

would be a nice late get and as others have said is good insurance policy in case  Gill can't bounce back 

21 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Interesting possibility.  Wonder how we got wind of him?  Heck, I didn't even know Icelanders even played basketball. 

I don't know if you are a Game of Thrones fan, but Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson was a professional basketball player in Iceland. He plays 'The Mountain' on GoT. 

9 minutes ago, Busch Light said:

I don't know if you are a Game of Thrones fan, but Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson was a professional basketball player in Iceland. He plays 'The Mountain' on GoT. 

I am a fan, but again, no knowledge of Iceland basketball.  But if the kid is good, and he comes here, then I will become a fan of Iceland basketball. 

This would fill Miles want for a big bodied gaurd. Ideally, i would hope Gill bounces back from his injury and rehabs well. Then we could redshirt this kid and give him a chance to adapt to American life and ball.

Then again, he could be a total baller which i would also be okay with.